1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Positive/Uplifting Music needed for my Spotify playlsit

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ncas01, Dec 26, 2016.

1. ncas01

ncas01 Guest

Hello Fapstronauts!

Does anyone have any good suggestions for positive/uplifting music to listen to? As I am beginning my journey of NoFap, I am noticing that we are living in a S E X driving society. Even the music that we listen to has an affect in our brains. I have been listening to Yellowcard non-stop this year. I LOVE :rolleyes: them and have been a fan since Ocean Avenue. I am very sad that they released their last album this year. All of their music has been positive. If you all need of some good tunes, please listen to When You're Through Thinking Say Yes. Yellowcard is a great example of a band that stayed true to themselves for almost 20 years! Most of their music revolves around love, hope, dreams/aspiration, and goals. Which is why I love them so much!

Anyways, anyone know of any good music to listen too? Lets start the conversation!

Deleted Account and Noelle like this.
  2. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

I mostly listen to 60's 70's and 80's music. John Lennon, Beatles, Pink Floyd, U2, Jimi Hendrix, The Zombies, Janice Joplin, The Grass Roots, Dr. Hook, Phil Collins, Genesis, Micheal Jackson, Prince, Earth Wind & Fire, Eagles, Peter Cetera, David Bowie, Chris De Burgh, REO Speedwagon, Airsupply, Roxette, Heart, Wham, Gino Vannelli, Eddie Rabbit, Icehouse, Luba, George Micheal(RIP), England Dan and John Ford, Bee Gee, Doobie Brothers, Hall & Oats, Simon & Garfunkel, Elton John, Steve Miller Band, Ambrosia, etc... I could go on but you get the point.

Beingpure and ncas01 like this.
  3. Green_Tea

Green_Tea Fapstronaut

Lately I've focused a lot on classical music, as well as folk. I used to be really into metal, but I noticed it is most often quite depressing music so I've since stopped listening to it. As HipPete mentioned in his list, I think Michael Jackson is a good suggestion (I'm not familiar with the other ones).

ncas01 likes this.
  4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Meat puppets II is a really interesting album I strongly recommend it. Pretty abstract though takes some time to appreciate it but has helped me through high school.

5. brutal dubstep

6. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

OK, that kinda sounds amazing. Maybe cos I LOVE (some) reggae and sometimes dub.

7. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

I definitely may have recommendations, but maybe I will listen to those songs you said first,get an idea of the style you like.

8. I've been listening to Sufjan Stevens latest album. At times it's really dark but I can relate to some of the stuff he says in it.

If you like soul music Alicia Keys album 'Here' is pretty good. Her song Illusion of Bliss is about someone fighting addiction.

I've actually made up a NoFap playlist on Spotify. If you're interested search NoFap and look in the playlist section.