1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Frustration and anger. How to deal with them?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by pavloo91, Dec 6, 2016.

1. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

I am around day 50 of hard mode nofap.
    I am getting angry about nearly everything and it's very hard for me to get rid of that anger. It is building inside of me. The only way to get rid of it is when I scream or shout at other people (my mother most often). This is when I feel a tangible relief and am angry no more. This is obviously wrong, but it seems that it is the only effective way of freeing myself from that emotion. However, after that relief anger starts to build up in me again shortly and I have to release it. I think this is because of frustration that I get so easily angry.

Therefore, my question is twofold:
    Do you know some other efficient ways of dealing with anger? I don't want to suppress it by any means because I know that if I do so, then my release is even more violent.

Am I right thinking that this is because of frustration? If so, can this frustration caused by nofap or rather other things? (I know that you don't know me well to answer that question, but if you could just share your own experiences in that respect)

2. Well when I rebooted at earlier times, I used to get a little mad and so the best way to deal with it is to take a walk outside or go for a run, exercising will help you release that negative energy.

The frustration could be that maybe your brain or body releasing the anger that you suppressed when you watched pmo'd. You now could possibly have an opportunity to confront these issues now that you are on NoFap.
    Hope this helps. ;)

HE^MAN likes this.
  3. tattleen7

tattleen7 Guest

Spike Of Testosterone and repair of your brain sensors may be the reason your dopamine paths are healing also testosterone is very high if you are not on flatline during day 50 you just need to use that energy in some other activities do meditation,exercise,pick up a new hobbie,read a book,best cure for anger? listen to music it works trust listen to your favourite songs and you won't even realise when you get in the good mood

4. Compressurnaut

Compressurnaut Fapstronaut

I dont know about you, but I got allot of delayed anger up after rebooting, and since I suddenly had to deal with this anger I got mad really fast, It migth me your problem aswell, since you shout at your mum maybe you are hiding away older anger on here and thefor it feels good to shout at her. If there is anything you are mad about her actions in the past ot things she have said thell her, but not when you are uncontrolable mad of course :p Then it all comes out in the wrong way and you can end up saying things you dont mean after all. If its not try to find out what you are mad about, I myself is mad about quit allot, I dont want to go intow hat but I know atleast to myself what it is, and what helps for me is speak up my mind whenever there is something I disagree on, try to find people that have the same meanings as you so you can talk about why you are getting mad without beiing judged for your opinions. Hope it helped, anyway that is my experience so fare, still geting to know myself :p

5. WarriorScarr

WarriorScarr Fapstronaut

only thing that helps me is lifting weights. Yesterday for example frustration was high for me so I decided to do some lifting. I not only felt better afterwards but I found I lifted heavier weights too then usual.

6. lantti

lantti Fapstronaut

Why are you frustrated? why are you angry? Are you failing in your journey? Is everything okay in your life? You have to find the source here, that's what I do, i find the problem and solve it.

7. peraaclom

peraaclom Fapstronaut

Absolutely do sports, like others said...

You might want to give a try at martial arts, if you haven't yet...
    Shouts come free with the practice... :D

8. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

I already do krav maga. i am looking forward to every training session, which I attend 4 times a week. yes it helps.
    I've just finished a week of limited information input (no nofap, facebook, etc.) - it helped a bit.
    Maybe its the fact that I try to improve myself and I feel that at the same time my life escapes me. I don't go to parties or have a group of friends. My weeks are repetitive: work + krav maga + weekends which I don't like cause I don't know what to do then.

9. So would you say your anger trigger is your isolation?

10. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

Might be. I don't know where to start though. the fact that I fapped for many years makes me feel inferior, like iI'm 25 but feel like a child, since my emotional development stopped (or was strongly slowed down) when I started fapping, i.e. at the age of 11

E.g. when others disagree with me, I often think- automatically - that they must be right since I'm so immature and they surely know more than me

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  11. Bigballs

Bigballs Fapstronaut

Wow I feel the same but most of the time I argue my point until I can either see the next person is right or till my argument is takes seriously

12. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thnx.mine problem is somewhat same too