1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to overcome jealosy and envy?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by MrPrince, Dec 7, 2016.

1. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Any thoughts
    Thanks for your help

2. BlackMarble

BlackMarble Fapstronaut

Could you please first give more info to understand your question? I supposse you are dealing with a sexual addiction, could you tell how are you linkning this question with your rehab? What is your challenge regarding PMO? Are you in a relationship? Could you describe more the problems regarding jelousy and envy feelings? Are you experiencing this during your last rebooting or is a longer history? Are these feelings triggering your PMO habits? Etc...

This two feelings for me are those that I fail to recognize and that I avoid the most, but until I started to look into them, like I supposse you´re starting to do, I reduced the selfhate and runaway reaction that I usually had confusing myself more and more and frustrating myself into PMO compulsion.

I had to endure some hard moments of unbearable anxiety facing these emotions but everytime I turn into the PMO rehab rutine step by step until I can observe these feelings from a calm distance.

Im dealing to recognize how this two emotions manifest in my daily life, in which moments, and how they lead to compulsory sexual behaviour. On the one hand I ask rationally what are these emotions? But emotionally I try to disntinguish the bodyly sensations and emerging thoughts around them. Daily observation through meditation...

With my partner I talk a lot about our sexuallity, jelousy, possesion, obsession, competition and dependency. Every time I feel stupid jelousy I remember that people are not objects to possess nor control. Every time I feel envy I try to see what I´m missing myself, what is that I lack, and so on...

Hope this gives you an eco on what you are experiencing

MrPrince likes this.
  3. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

Until you let yourself be just as you are, you are going to be stuck with it. Trust me, I know about jealousy and envy. I think I'll never measure up. And I also know that I'm never going to get over it. Other people just fall into each others lives as they do, and if you pay too much attention to it, you're going to go crazy.

My best (ill) advice is: keep doing what you do best. If you do what you do best, you're going to find something within you that stands up to all the bullshit you're thinking about right now. You're going to find something of true value inside yourself, even if no one else will. To be pragmatic, I will give you what I did. I'm a drunkard, and an ex-PMO addict. Still, I give myself into my writing: I write about the movies I watch, I write about what I experience during these movies, and every feedback I get is positive. I give myself into these writings, improving every time I write, and I find joy and satisfaction in that. That's all I can do.

MrPrince likes this.
  4. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

No im not in a relationship, i envy some people because of their social status or wealth and i hate these feelings. i dont know if they are related to the rebooting process.

5. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Thanks bro, you right i should stay true to myself and igmore other peole
    I also write a personal daily diary i found it helpful