1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

RESULTS OF OVERTHINKING

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Junior987, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Junior987

Junior987 Fapstronaut

I would like to start this note off on a good note, i am 12 days in my streak,i feel strong and confident about never going back to PMO. I am also glad that after last night that i didnt give in to what would have been a trigger.

So last night i went out with a couple friends to a bar downtown. The bar was ok, a lot of women. I wouldnt say i was drunk but i had a little buzz (i stuvk within my budget which im happy about), i was a little high as well (weed, not sure what kinda strand).

While in this bar, maybe it was the weed, but i found it hard to speak with women. Anxious, maybe little overwhelmed, or maybe i was just thinking about it too much. I ended up loosening up later on in the night, i talked to one girl, never got her number. I keep hearing from people that i should be more aggressive, at work, from my ex, from my friends, maybe i lack the confidence.

What i concluded at the end of the night, hearing my friends stories of the girls they picked up and there experience and i have a feeling of regret. The worst kind of regret, the regret of not trying. I realize that it was all in my head, it always is. I either want it to be perfect and think about the best line to start off with or think too much about a future with them. I think myself into thought paralysis and dont take any action. I hear everyone likes me more when i drink as im a lot more social, alcohol turns off filters ao im less in my head. I want that liquid confidence without the liquid.

I know i can do it as i have had moments of great success but i guess in my mind all i think about is the negative thoughts. I want to be able to just take action without doing the advanced mathematics in my head. I see women stare into eyes with the look of them calling me over with there eyes and i rarley act on it. I read somewhere that i should fear the regret of not taking action more then the initial fear of rejection. It is true, of i tried id at least know i tried, not trying leaves the question of what would have happen and what would be happening now.

2. obsolete_23

obsolete_23 Fapstronaut

But on the occasion that you have just gone for it, have you ever regretted it? I honestly can't remember that I have. It's maybe fear of fear-itself rather than any actual need to fear.

I've even had girls start conversations with me and just been too totally absorbed in the civil war going on in myself that I come out sounding totally uninterested. I'm trying to use this reboot as a springboard to get away from that level of overthinking that you talk about and I do already feel that it's starting to pay off.

Good luck with it brother!

Low likes this.