1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Love or Lust?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Name_Withheld, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Name_Withheld

Name_Withheld Fapstronaut

I'm 14 and am inexperienced when it comes to all walks of life so please could I have some advice, when it comes to beautiful women is it lust or love that drives me towards them, I like them for a week and then it all seems to fall apart and I move on, how do I get out of this?

2. L Coroneos

L Coroneos Fapstronaut

know whether they are really in love. Passion is easily confused with Love. Love and desire are absolute opposites.[/QUOTE]

Find the distinction between love and lust, and you'll be on the right track.

3. Name_Withheld

this is great, thanks mate

L Coroneos likes this.
  4. L Coroneos

L Coroneos Fapstronaut

5. Name_Withheld

you've applied the word of god to 'pop culture' very well, it sounds exactly like what he would say, and even from a moral point of view there is too much sexual immorality in the world today and Christianity has been reformed too much to condemn these deceitful actions.

L Coroneos likes this.
  6. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

@Name_Withheld : it's very common in teens. i had those feelings too when i was in high school. i think it's lust first. how can we love a girl at the first sight? it's not possible i think. the way to get out of it? keep looking until you get bored, i think, in case you have to meet them everyday

7. Name_Withheld

thanks for the advice mate.

8. I would say from my perspective, lust is a feeling and love is a state of being. You don't *feel* love, you show it, demonstrate it, profess it and cherish it.

9. L Coroneos

L Coroneos Fapstronaut

Yes indeed, the good Lord inspired me to write Doctrine of Chastity and I use it as a reference point in order to rule myself according to moral precepts and the commandments. It's more for myself than anyone else but I like it when people read it and give me feedback on it. I wrote it at age 31, and although I haven't made plans to write any more, I'm sure I'll come up with something else that I can publish on my website. The modern church has degenerated and I feel that I can do better than any haughty priest or arrogant bishop in writing what I write.

By the way, I think you can feel love in your teens, sure. In a way it's more innocent than adult relationships because you haven't yet been completely sold over to the "rat race" whereby you need to worry about bank accounts, mortgages, car maintenance etc. I was in love at age 15 and it made me a completely different person. I encourage you to follow your heart and don't let your anxiety stop you from finding a nice girlfriend. :D Good luck!

10. CaptinCaveMan

CaptinCaveMan Fapstronaut

I don't think just 14 year old teens have an issue with love vs. lust. I still get lost in that paradox at times. With a 50 percent divorce rate in the United States I dare to say a lot of us have the same problem. I do like Jen's post "love is a state of being". I suppose that love is difficult to define. We behave differently to people, animals, things etc...we love in our life.

Love between a parent and child seems more unconditional than a marriage. I even notice love between a dog and their owner being more unconditional.

Back to Love vs. Lust. I guess if I find myself buying things for a girl to keep her and make her love me then it's lust. If she needs nothing at all but my company then it's love. I guess that value seems to be lost in a lot of ways when I search for a woman. They want to know my job and income. Not how we can spend time together just "being".

11. Name_Withheld

good advice mate, cheers

12. - Ω -

- Ω - Guest

It's called attraction.