1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't get a lot of likes or followers on InstaGram

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by aLex is intoxicated, Jul 22, 2016.

1. aLex is intoxicated

aLex is intoxicated Fapstronaut

What the hell? I'm attractive and athletic, and confident. But I only get a couple of likes, and it really is plummeting my self-esteem. Most of my friends got a lot of followers, and a lot of likes on their photos then there's me.

Noelle and AndySky180 like this.
  2. larrylarrylarry

larrylarrylarry Fapstronaut

Do you want quantity of followers / likes? Or do you want Quality of followers / likes?

For quantity: like other people's posts that have your same hashtags, follow them and ask them to follow you back (then you can unfollow them), you can also buy followers/likes

For Quality: post quality stuff with proper hashtags.

3. That's not place you should looking for to seek validation.Do something that you like that makes you feel good about yourself.Some of these Instagram models have very low self-esteem because of how they were raised.You shouldn't depend on an app to feel good.Don't be like the rest of the sheep.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  4. RogerThat

RogerThat Guest

Sounds like egotism.

There's a great painting that reminds me of Instagram but I won't post it cause it could be a trigger for some. However, I will post a Facebook one by John Holcroft which I think applies:
    [​IMG]

5. TrueHuman

TrueHuman Fapstronaut

Oh no! No likes on IG!

Worry about real world shit dude. Who cares what other people think. We have a limited time on earth and wasting time trying to get likes on IG is pretty pathetic.

6. I don't get it. You say you are confident yet not having enough likes is damaging your self esteem. No. Pick one. You either are confident without IG naturally or you are not confident and need IG to validate you. That's silly way how to live; basing your self worth on IG likes.

7. aLex is intoxicated

aLex is intoxicated Fapstronaut

You're right. But that is how I connect with my friends right now ATM (it's currently summer). I would still like to use Instagram though, just wish I was more out there a bit.

8. I deleted my Instagram. I personally think it's a waste of time and it can destroy our self esteem.

9. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

That depends. I hear people talk about Instagram likes as if they can get you laid. Can they?

10. SpaceDog25

SpaceDog25 New Fapstronaut

Don't even bother your self thinking about it. Just increase the number of daily posts and use some more popular hashtags. If you need even more and have a little extra lunch money saved use zen-promotion . Or check the week trial at first.

11. Marrisa Knaetly

Marrisa Knaetly New Fapstronaut

Now to be pretty and making good content is not enough for instagram. There is a big сompetition. You need to be more interesting than others, better than others, more talented and stand out from the crowd. You also need to be known by others and also advertise yourself, no one will just look forward you on instagram. I even turned to agencies - sites that are engaged, such as instafollowfast or follovte, getinsta. I have no idea for making content every day, so I just meet the people.

12. robertharrington

robertharrington New Fapstronaut

I do not think that using Instagram is a waste of time. Instagram is an aggregate of the most up-to-date information and interesting people, and this social network is also a great platform for online business. If you like to post photos and share your thoughts with Instagram, then this may be your hobby, and this is cool!

I advise you not to worry about the number of likes, there are many ways to increase their number. For example, you should be active, follow the profiles of your friends, put likes, write comments, and over time you will notice more activity on your page. Profile activity can also be created artificially if you purchase a small number of likes, followers, and video views. If you intend to use this method, then I recommend the services of Instagrowing. net. Additional likes can increase the visibility of your profile and attract new users.

13. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Be a soyboy and post anti-Trump stuff and SJW stuff and you will become an Instagram superstar with a lot of likes.

14. This is a very old post lol but anyways now instagram became much complicated in the follow\unfollow and likes policies.. the service suck.

15. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

13 following, 65 followers, 3 posts, 20-30 likes on average, 3 comments, I don't know personally any of these people.

o_O

16. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

shadowbans i have been facing this too much of late on my all social media

17. Social Media is a complete waste of time. Most people go on there to boost their ego. Stay away from all the nonsense on social media, you don’t need that negative energy in your life. Social Media is fake too, people buy followers and use filters to hide imperfections. If your athletic, confident, and attractive. Why do you need Instagram to tell you how you feel about yourself? Otherwise, social media is great when you have a business to attract followers.

18. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I got some experiences with insta and can help you.
    No, I am not a social media manager, just someone who has struggled for a year with this platform.

I even get off insta for two years, deactivating my profile for some months and then cutting it off again and again.

Social media could be crap (and it has been for me) if you're not doing anything with your life except for insta stuff.
    Like, once your life is full of great things, experiences, people and hobbies, insta will only be secondary.

I recently read the book "Digital Minimalism" about this topic and I really recommend it to you. It shows how much social media can f up your dopamine system and which are the benefits of getting rid of it.

Lately, like three months ago, I downloaded it again, but with some limits:
    -no more than an hour a day
    -no memes pages followed
    -no more VIPs followed
    -remove shitty people from my followers and my follows
    -only follow people I really know/have something to share with, and only see those stories and posts
    -do not get obsessed with posting stories or posts, keep your profile simple and your mind healthy
    -stop seeing insta as a way of validation and feeding your ego, but just as a little portfolio of yourself new people or even girls can look up to see how you look like.
    -and maybe put your profile public to enhance this utility of insta

then you're good, lately, insta got even rid of likes under the photos, people can't see how many likes you got unless they count every like, and somehow it reduced the feelings of envy in the app.

but again, if you really care about likes then you're messing things up.
    I don't think girls really care about likes, we are not stupid influencers and tiktokers, insta is only a portfolio, as I told you.
    Increase the quality of your posts, post only photos of yourself, and maybe not so often.
    I changed the way I see Insta, no longer an ego machine, but a dating and flirting tool.

If your self-esteem is really fucked up, then I would suggest limiting or even getting rid of insta for some months to rewind your fucked up brain.

I hope you'll find it useful,
    peace.

ReVera III likes this.
  19. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

0 followers 0 post 100% success

ReVera III likes this.
  20. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

It's fun to see how people is dependent on this shit...

ReVera III likes this.