1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to wake up early to hit the gym ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Islanders190, Jul 8, 2016.

1. iHappy

iHappy Guest

Like others have said, it is really easy. All you have to do is go to bed earlier. If you can't fall a sleep early, listen to some audio books or something :)

There are no nigh owls and early risers, it is all about developing a habit :)

2. iceman40

iceman40 Fapstronaut

if you sleep at 3 AM it's not possible to get up by 9 AM. So if you're a night person why don't you go to the gym at night? I have tried in the gym before work at 5 AM and after work at 5 PM. Not on the same day of course. What works best for me is to sleep until 6 AM get up and go to work, and hit the gym after work and be bed by 10 or 11 PM. I don't believe there such a thing as a morning or night person because it depends on what you're used to and I your condition to. But because of your sleeping pattern there is no way you'll make it to the gym in the morning. There's nothing wrong with going to the gym in the evening either.

3. noviceambition

noviceambition Fapstronaut

If you're not a heavy sleeper you can try getting an alarm that shines a light on your face to wake you up (which is naturally how we wake up with our circadian rhythms). And an hour before your sleep your lights should be dim or off. Another idea is using an alarm placed far away from reach to get you physically out of your bed to stop it (which usually never fails unless you sleep like a train). But, going to bed early is probably your best bet, especially if your intentions are to start working out. You need sleep to recover and build muscle and other important processes like storing memories. And unless your body is extremely clean on the inside (detoxified and nutrient supplied), then you don't really have the option of sleeping less. I found an article about a guy who detoxified heavy metals from his body all out with supplements and the like, and now his body lets him sleep less (~3 hours) with the same benefits of sleeping 7-8 hours. It's pretty interesting, but I don't know how or why that is. Something to look into as well though. All the best.

4. Discipline123

Discipline123 Fapstronaut

The key to hitting the gym early is quitting caffeine.