1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Habit Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SkinnyBeard, May 24, 2016.

1. Meditation - 24
    Exercise - 24
    Self-improvement - 36/42
    Walking - 28/42
    NoFap help - 13/21
    No news - 0/21

Thank you for your kind advice on breaking free from "compulsive news consumption" iHappy, I have taken it on board. It makes perfect sense, but because it slightly goes against this world of all-or-nothing counters we're in I've been a bit resistant - I want to stop completely, or I won't even try! How silly is that? :rolleyes:

I have Leech Block set up to block various sites and I could jiggle around with that to give your limiting idea a go. I can still celebrate and count the days I achieve my goal. I've managed to survive without Facebook OK. No reason why I can't do the same with the BBC.

iHappy and StraightEdge like this.
  2. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

~ Day 39 / 65 ~
    NoSugar Rules for Today (Friday, 29 July 2016)

GOAL ~ Today, I promise to not eat any lollies, cakes, ice creams or chocolate, or drink any soft drink.

Below is a series of If > Then plans for how I will implement this goal today.
    If I experience an urge to eat sugary foods or drink sugary drinks...
    Then BY THE POWER OF THE OLD GODS AND THE NEW I SHALL NOT ACT ON THIS URGE.

3. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

0/21 Morning walk or run at 6:00 (previous record 38)
    2/21 15' meditation
    10/21 Avoiding bathroom scale (88.5kg / 194pounds / 25%MG on 2016-7-19)
    11/21 Intermittent Fasting
    17/21 Cold shower (previous record 39)

38/60 Neck practices
    37/60 Gratitude attitude Challenge

62/90
    No alcohol
    70/90 NoFap

0/2115' to write in my journal
    1/40 Water + fresh lemon juice
    0/30 No Carbohydrate for diner (including bread, rice, potatoes, pastas, etc...)
    0/21 No screen after 10:00 pm

4. Meditation - 25
    Exercise - 25
    Self-improvement - 37/42
    Walking - 29/42
    NoFap help - 14/21
    No news - 0/21

Yesterday's scores on the doors.

iHappy likes this.
  5. iHappy

iHappy Guest

@Cleaning Colin Of course you can live without it, it just takes a little time to get used to it. Bad habits are not easy to break :)
    I have used that add-on in the past, it works great :) You can set it up the way you want to.

StraightEdge and Getter Better like this.
  6. iHappy

iHappy Guest

[​IMG]
    This was potentially terrible day but it went out great. I could and should have finished all the habits but I was a bit lazy.

Getter Better and StraightEdge like this.
  7. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

0/21- Wake up at 6:00am
    37/42- 15mins of meditation
    29/42 - Neck exercises
    0/21- Affirmation & Visualisation
    3/21- Read for 15:00mins
    4/21- Exercise - Gym/Walk
    35/42 - Cold Showers

1/21- NoFap

8. Person Guy

Person Guy Fapstronaut

0/21- Wake up at 5:30 am
    2/21- Go to the gym (probably gonna relapse today)
    4/21- Brush twice a day/ floss once a day/ mouthwash twice a week
    0/21- Only use phone and internet when I have to
    3/21 no pmo

9. BushidoWarrior

~ Day 40 / 65 ~
    NoSugar Rules for Today (Saturday, 30 July 2016)

GOAL ~ Today, I promise to not eat any lollies, cakes, ice creams or chocolate, or drink any soft drink.

If I experience an urge to eat sugary foods or drink sugary drinks...
    Then BY THE POWER OF THE OLD GODS AND THE NEW I WILL NOT GIVE THIS URGE THE TIME OF DAY.

10. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

0/21 Morning walk or run at 6:00 (previous record 38)
    3/21 15' meditation
    11/21 Avoiding bathroom scale (88.5kg / 194pounds / 25%MG on 2016-7-19)
    12/21 Intermittent Fasting
    18/21 Cold shower (previous record 39)

39/60 Neck practices
    38/60 Gratitude attitude Challenge

63/90
    No alcohol
    71/90 NoFap

1/40 Water + fresh lemon juice
    0/30 No Carbohydrate for diner (including bread, rice, potatoes, pastas, etc...)

11. Kdot

Kdot Guest

I'm going to do the same

Getter Better likes this.
  12. Meditation - 26
    Exercise - 26
    Self-improvement - 38/42
    Walking - 30/42
    NoFap help - 15/21
    No news - 0/21

Yesterday's scores on the doors.

Thanks @iHappy. I'll check out my Leechblock. I think I've got it set up with so many safeguards around fiddling with the options (as if I would fiddle with options!) that I need to reset the whole thing to block anything new.

I have a bit of a problem. I have relatives staying for the next few days. It's likely going to make it impossible - in terms of time and space availability - to do my usual exercise routine. I may cut myself some slack here and allow a decent walk or some shorter period of exercise to stand in for the Darebee workouts I'm currently doing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016
    iHappy likes this.
  13. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

38/42- 15mins of meditation
    30/42 - Neck exercises
    0/21- Affirmation & Visualisation
    4/21- Read for 15:00mins
    0/21- Exercise - Gym/Walk
    36/42 - Cold Showers

2/21- NoFap

14. iHappy

iHappy Guest

[​IMG]
    So far, so good. :)

15. BushidoWarrior

~ Day 41 / 65 ~
    NoSugar Rules for Today (Sunday, 31 July 2016)

If I have an urge to eat sugary foods or drink sugary drinks...
    Then I will not act on this urge. I have come too far.

iHappy likes this.
  16. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Fapstronaut

1/21 Morning walk or run at 6:00 (previous record 38)
    4/21 15' meditation
    12/21 Avoiding bathroom scale (88.5kg / 194pounds / 25%MG on 2016-7-19)
    13/21 Intermittent Fasting
    19/21 Cold shower (previous record 39)

40/60 Neck practices
    39/60 Gratitude attitude Challenge

64/90
    No alcohol
    72/90 NoFap

0/40 Water + fresh lemon juice

BushidoWarrior and iHappy like this.
  17. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

39/42- 15mins of meditation
    31/42 - Neck exercises
    1/21- Affirmation & Visualisation
    5/21- Read for 15:00mins
    1/21- Exercise - Gym/Walk
    37/42 - Cold Showers

3/21- NoFap

iHappy likes this.
  18. iHappy

iHappy Guest

[​IMG]
    Not the perfect day, I've spent most of it online. Good thing is I did most of the habits and I am 20 days of NoFap

19. BrainPlasticity

BrainPlasticity Fapstronaut

Hello everyone, based on @iHappy 's recommendation I've decided to copy/paste my daily posts from my journal here as well for greater accountability. I had relapsed last night (and today) so I decided to re-evaluate my plan of attack for efficient habit installation. I look forward to building a great camaraderie with all of you :) . Here's my first post:

Habit 1: Self-Efficacy Skill 1: Programming
    Level 1/50

Well, my fear came true. I messed up on my celibacy. Yesterday, because of staying alone in my room due to the weekend, I could feel the urges kicking in. Then at night, I could not fall asleep; eventually I gave in :(

I hate that I failed after just 4 days! damn it!
    I should have known that celibacy is not something that's "easy to do". I should not have included celibacy as part of my Self-Efficacy habit. This first habit must be easy enough to execute perfectly everyday for 50 days in a row!! celibacy is too hard of a commitment to make when my willpower is weak. But I also know that I cannot completely ignore it and keep binge masturbating like an addict.

Alright, lesson learnt. From now on I'll commit to the following for 50 days in a row:
    Meditate (@7 AM) for 20 minutes after waking up and again @10 PM for 20 minutes before bed
    Spend an hour on Skill development
    Get to bed by 10:30PM
    Only Fap once every 4 days if necessary but without any P or P subs, and only when trying to fall asleep.

Now these above commitments are easier, and just a little bit challenging. A good combo that supplements each other.
    I'll also restart adding a Pre-mortem section to my daily posts to be prepared for ways I could fail.

Pre-mortem
    I failed today because:
    • I procrastinated too much after writing this journal instead of getting on with my morning meditation.
    • I got tired after packing and organizing to spend an hour on skill development.
    • I decided to PMO since I had already fapped this morning and I rationalized it to myslef that today is already wasted.

iHappy likes this.
  20. SkinnyBeard

SkinnyBeard Fapstronaut

Hey @BrainPlasticity

Sad to hear you relapsed, but I hope this thread will help you on your journey.

And yeah, I'm back after a little break. Had a little drop in motivation to post here, but things are back to normal. Unfortunately I still can't get meditation back into my daily habits. Even though I have undeniably felt the positive results in my everyday life(!) I always thought meditation was something about reaching the "higher states" something with very little practical purpose, but I admit I was wrong. I was surprised to see how training non-reactivity helped me in situations throughout the day, how it helped me stay calm in situations which would put me out of my skin a month ago. So, yes, I definitely want meditation as a new habit, probably as deep as my cold shower one, because that one's going really good so far.

Yep, and I also added two new habits. I wanna pick up reading again. I used to be a huge bookworm, literally reading hours on end, but somehow during my PMO days that habit died and now I am setting things straight again. Same logic applies for the study of arts. Especially the work of famous painters.

27/42 Cold Showers
    0/21 Meditation
    21/42 No Snooze
    1/21 30 Min Reading
    3/21 15 Min Art Study