1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious body improvements

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Tj720, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Tj720

Tj720 Fapstronaut

I had heard that NoFap gives you more energy to work out and stuff, and I know having a more regular sleep schedule is healthy, but I seriously underestimated how much better and sexier I would look with NoFap. I don't know how much of it is NoFap and how much of it is just personal drive, but I know NoFap helped me gain the drive to go to the gym more and eat healthier. Whenever I look in the mirror I am astonished at how much better I look! I wasn't overweight before, but just average and not muscle-y. Now it feels like my muscles are growing by magic! Anyone else experience this from NoFap?

Cockyau, Amukadi8, Low and 3 others like this.
  2. Jack Trey

Jack Trey Fapstronaut

I just started yesterday but I'm glad to hear that your experience has been going well! Maybe appreciating the way you look in the mirror has also grown because of your confidence on top of you actually working on it, so you're more accepting of yourself would you say? I hope that by sticking with this I drop a bit of my food addiction too and really get on a better sleep and work out pattern! I'm currently doing a yoga challenge but I don't want it to just be a challenge, I want to look forward to doing yoga every day.

Xanclas likes this.
  3. Good work mate! I'm still skinny, but I keep telling myself that I'll get buff one day.
    On the up side, the difference in muscle between my left and right biceps is much less so I'm not paranoyed that people will notice and suspect that I'm a literal wanker.

Jack Trey likes this.
  4. I used to go to the gym quite often but with work I don't get to but i will still make it 2 times a week but what I noticed is I maintain what i have quite easily.

5. More energy for sure. Haven't done any strength training in a while but I do running. When I was not fapping I had way more energy and drive to do that. Good stuff!

6. xedger

xedger Guest

Although I have noticed improvements in my skin tone and my eyes, it is surely far too early for my body to have undergone any real physical change.

However I do like what I see in the mirror a lot more than I did before and that is because I see someone who is clearly in control.

Other people can see it too and that has been a huge boost to my historically lousy self esteem.

I'm getting scared that I will ruin it.

7. Hman

Hman Fapstronaut

I have tried working out to look better a lot of times in the past, but for me the first time it worked was while doing NoFap. My physical appearance has changed a lot, muscles have grown, there is a lot of routine. Especially my endurance improved, because my motivation didn't just go away during a workout.

8. Jack Trey

Jack Trey Fapstronaut

How long did it take you on NoFap before you started to see your motivation start to improve?

9. Low

Low Fapstronaut

Since on this streak i have lost over 20 lb and started to ride my bike daily i have not really seen any muscle improvements but i just started working out 2 weeks ago so it will take some time. I no longer have to feeling of I don't feel like it today now its i wanna do it today.

10. Xanclas

Xanclas Fapstronaut

For me, the best way of improving yourself is to do this in a daily basis:

1-Cardio:Running, cardio video etc.
    2-Workout
    3-Yoga session.

Now you have weight loss, muscle tonification, muscle mass growth, flexibility and mental stability. Believe me, I'm seeing results everyday. I can reach the floor with my legs straight, my muscles are getting in shape and I like each day more what I see in the mirror. And I've been exercising for just 20 days!
    By the way, I don't go to the gym. I do everything at home or outside. I think paying for the comfort of a gym is just taking a hot shower instead of a purifying and strengthening cold one.

I've also started a Tumblr blog to report everyday how I'm doing to keep focused, but now after these 20 days I feel like I don't need it anymore. The motivation is already in me.

You should complement the three tips from above with:

1-NoFap PMO (keep your testosterone for yourself and learn to educate your body)

2-Cold Showers everyday (self-discipline and get used to pain)

3-Eat healthy and listen to your body. You're feeling your belly getting full? Stop eating. You're hungry? Eat something. Love yourself, love your body. Avoid unhealthy food. Or just take less if you're in a context where you're kinda obliged to ingest that.

4-Stop looking for a partner. Spend time with yourself and your friends. You don't need anyone to be happy. If you take it naturally, things will end up coming. And if you accidentally find a partner, it will be a very good match because any of the two will be forcing things or trying to prove any point.

Maybe you'll rarely get laid or have a partner. But believe me, you'll lose quantity and gain TONS of quality. :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    Jack Trey, Amukadi8 and xedger like this.
  11. Hman

Hman Fapstronaut

That is difficult to say. For me it was about a week or so.

I think it is problematic to make your commitment to workout based on NoFap. Personally I am a person that really enjoys sport, and it has been a habit and hobby that doesn't depend on how motivated I am, it is simply natural for me to work out.

Also you don't see results you are satisfied with after a short time. But I became more motivated however, and that is something I can only connect to NoFap :).

12. oooo

oooo Fapstronaut

Yes, sure more free testosterone i think.
    But did anyone notice change in their eyes it seems my eyes are way more relaxed.