1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Free the Nipple

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jae, Jun 21, 2016.

What's your stance on the Free the Nipple Campaign?

1. I fully support it.

18.5%
  2. It's dumb as hell.

57.6%
  3. I don't really care.

23.9%
  1. Cockyau

Cockyau Fapstronaut

If men and women are equal, we will have the same boobs and genitals.
    Demanding equality in treatment is totally understandable, but free the nipple is inane.

Headspace likes this.
  2. TheIdealMan

TheIdealMan Fapstronaut

In a culture where breasts are sexually associated, I don't think it is right to "free the nipple" as it may cause unwanted arousal.

However, society needs to slowly change so that breasts are not so heavily associated with sex, and therefore can be "freed".

wj2727 likes this.
  3. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Really? In the Netherlands, they do not. Sometimes I'd love to, but it wouldn't be accepted, just like it wouldn't be accepted if a girl doesn't wear a shirt (but does wear a bra).

4. IGY

IGY Guest

Excuse me but no one has answered my question. I have never heard of this. What is it and why is it being promoted? If you are going to reference a specific thing in a thread like this, the OP should answer these questions at the outset IMHO.

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  5. I wouldn't call covered nipples a double standard based on gender. It's certainly not oppression. Both genders have to cover up the parts of their body considered (maximally) sexually desirable by society. Men's nipples (generally) aren't a turn-on like women's are, so they're not required to be covered(though men generally only go shirtless at places like the beach anyway. Guys just walking through the streets shirtless is not a very common thing). The only way a campaign like this can really be effective is by first desexualizing women's breasts, which is far easier said than done. At best this is a low-priority gender equality issue.

StepsReborn and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Free The Nipple is a film, an equality movement, and a mission to empower women across the world. They stand against female oppression and censorship, both in the United States and around the globe. Today, in the USA it is effectively ILLEGAL for a woman to be topless, breastfeeding included, in 35 states. A lot of celebrities have participated by posing basically topless in pictures.

7. IGY

IGY Guest

Men's nipples are a big turn on to gay men! :rolleyes:

8. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Does the :rolleyes: mean you're being sarcastic?

9. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I don't think it would have that effect. I don't think people suddenly rape someone because they become so horny that they can't control themselves. Rapes are more about wanting to have power, and often rapists consider women to be of inferior worth.

I'm not suggesting that this is your opinion, but the argument that rape victims brought it upon themselves by being scantily clad is imo both awful and wrong. I don't think women have a higher risk of getting raped if they are scantily clad.

And even if that was the case, it's the rapists who needs to be changed, not the victims.

That said, women walking around topless would make me uncomfortable. I guess that we would eventually get more used to it, but no, free the nipple isn't something I fully support.

Getter Better and Dizzy Lotus like this.
  10. WalkingForward

I'm quite sure it's not a turn on as strong as the straight men's arousal by female breasts, in general.

StepsReborn likes this.
  11. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

Okay. So... is it usual for men to walk around shirtless in public in the USA? Because here, it simply doesn't happen, except on the beach. Some men do it in their garden, though.

12. Jae

Jae Fapstronaut

It's pretty common here. At least in my area.

Playing basketball, doing construction work, walking down the street... shirtless men everywhere.

13. Jae

Jae Fapstronaut

My bad. OP didn't see your post. Chill.

Basically what Lazarus said. Women are mad because they can't walk around topless, for some reason.

Equality is public nudity now.

Also, there are many sub-branches to this "movement". Like, recently a group of girls had a mini protest where they all went bra-less because a teacher sent one of them to the office for it.
    (that one i get though)

14. IGY

IGY Guest

No, I just like the little face, lol. :D

15. IGY

IGY Guest

Thanks man. That makes more sense now that I know this. So they think getting their nipples out = freedom? Hahaha :p

16. IGY

IGY Guest

I don't know, but unless you are gay how can you be "quite sure"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  17. IGY

IGY Guest

I have no idea, I live in England.

18. Ben Jamin'

Ben Jamin' Fapstronaut

I can't speak for him, but (as others have said) a woman's breast is generally a bigger part of sexuality than a man's breast. This is probably why women aren't allowed to go topless.

19. Ben Jamin'

Ben Jamin' Fapstronaut

Interesting. I completely agree that it isn't the fault of the victim, and that rape is done because the attacker wants power over the victim. However, rape is often done on impulse, and probably triggered by being sexually attracted to someone (all you and I can do is speculate, because fortunately we haven't been involved in rape). Also, although it is the attacker's fault in rape cases, that doesn't mean that we should not try to take preventative steps to decrease rape rates. That is like saying that we shouldn't have airport security because it is the terrorist's fault and not the victims' fault.

Deleted Account and Dizzy Lotus like this.
  20. WalkingForward

Based on interactions with people in real life and in media. A lot of gay guys say that they find male chests, especially muscular ones, attractive. But I don't think that's to the same extent as straight men's attraction to female breasts.

And as others have pointed out, the breasts of men and women are very different. But you're right that I can't be completely sure.
    That's a good point.

My point of view, as a Swede, is from a European perspective. Where following sexual assaults and harassment made by immigrants, German politicians have suggested that women should dress less provocatively and change their behaviour. I don't think that's the right answer to this problem.

I think our focus needs to be on the rapists, not the rape victims, when it comes to remedying this problem.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016