1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Alone Success

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by namtoober, Jun 6, 2016.

1. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

The wife and kids went out of town yesterday. I had 24 hours at home alone left to my own to do what I wanted. If this was 70 days ago, I would have indulged in a selfish session of PMO. Hours upon hours in front of a computer, doing nothing productive and left with the guilt and shame of my behavior. But this time was different. Instead of looking forward to the time as a time to have free reign to my addiction, I looked forward to the challenge. Yes I was concerned as this was my first big test since my reboot. But I had a plan. Use the time wisely, church, work, catch up on a couple of TV series, small group, sleep, then work the next day. Oh yeah, and knowing and telling myself success is what I was after, failure not an option. I kept remembering how far I have come, and how I was so close to 90 days.

Yes I did have thoughts that tried to rear their heads, But the desire I normally had. The overwhelming almost unstoppable pull to the computer and to sites, was not there. And I kept focusing on my goal. I kept focusing on the surprise trip/evening to celebrate with my wife and be reunited with her in intimacy that I have planned in July. I got excited and giddy thinking about this trip. Almost like I was a virgin again. See we haven't had sex since November of last year or been intimate since December. And now, I get to experience her again in a little over a month anew again. It is exciting. We didn't abstain when we dated, and so our wedding night wasn't what it was supposed to be, but now, yes 17 years later, it will be as close to what it should have been, as long as I stay focused and not give in. I can't wait......

2. Brave Heart 1571

Brave Heart 1571 Fapstronaut

Great story namtoober!! This is how we fight!!

namtoober likes this.
  3. about a girl

about a girl Fapstronaut

Go you amazing !! You won round 1 keep at it !! :)

namtoober likes this.
  4. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

If you aren't fighting, you aren't in the battle!

5. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

You are so right, it was just round 1. I have to keep my hands up and be ready for the sucker punch temptation to come my way!

6. Iwannabeme

Iwannabeme Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing! Great story! Keep it up!

namtoober likes this.
  7. Veritech

Veritech Fapstronaut

I know how you feel.

When my wife goes out and the kids are asleep, this was usually my opportunity to PMO.

When my wife comes home and I have not messed up, this is such a relief.

im_alive likes this.
  8. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

Excellent success story @namtoober! I can remember when I first started pmoing I would get all giddy when everyone left the house so I could have my "alone time". Thinking about how I acted back then makes me want to puke, it's sooooo relieving to not have that shame or hidden habit anymore!!!

namtoober likes this.
  9. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Now set another one to conquer!

Iwannabeme likes this.
  10. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

Amazing how I used to look at this! The relief was a great thing, nice to not have to dodge questions of "So what did you do while we were gone?" It is a great empowering feeling to stand before her head up with nothing to hide and no lies to tell

Veritech likes this.
  11. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

The lack of shame is a great great motivator! What an excellent streak you have going yourself volt2187!! Awesome success!

12. oversexedsami

oversexedsami Fapstronaut

namtoober, what a fantastic success story! :D Good for you man! I look forward to reaching that feeling of not going straight to the fapping whenever left alone for too long lol. What a beautiful story about your plans to be intimate with your love soon upon meeting such a large goal, that is exciting for you two. Congratulations on your found freedom!

namtoober likes this.
  13. im_alive

im_alive Fapstronaut

Well done @namtoober ! That means next time it should be easier, because you have already done it once. It's a great step forward for you.

namtoober likes this.
  14. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

Thank You! Keep at it and you can have that feeling too! The confidence and being shame free is so nice!

oversexedsami likes this.
  15. namtoober

namtoober Fapstronaut

im_alive likes this.
  16. pheonex1999

pheonex1999 Fapstronaut

Great 228 days namtoober!!!!!!all the best .....keep going!!