1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BlackKnight, May 25, 2016.

1. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

Who here watches anime, and if you do, which ones have you watched?

2. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

Berserk, Death Note, Lelouch of the Rebellion (Code Geass), Trigun, FLCL, Murder Princess, Clannad, Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, etc.

Lately I have just been reading Manga though, so I haven't watched too much recent anime.

3. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

They need to bring back the Bleach anime PRONTISSIMO! Shit is getting real. Yamamoto, Shunsui, Urahara, and Kenpachi's Bankais!!!! Come on.

4. Monster, deathnote, parasyte, tokyo ghoul, bleach, cowboy bebop and deadman wonderland.

5. Veritech

Veritech Fapstronaut

I may be a little older than you.

Battle of the Planets, Force Five (Gaiking, Dangard Ace, Starvengers, Grandizer and Spaceketeers), Voltron (Lion Force and Vehicle Force), Star Blazers and Robotech (The Macross Saga, The Masters and The New Generation).

6. melancholy king

The final arc of Bleach is the best in my opinion, really strange that they didn't bother to finish up the anime series. Let's be real though, Bleach isn't all that great of an anime series, especially compared to the likes of FMA:B or Cowboy Bebop or Trigun and so on.

7. Jay Rich Chat

Jay Rich Chat New Fapstronaut

Hmm? Well I've seen Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, Gurren Laggan, Sword art online 1&2, Baka and Test, Claymore, Attack on Titan, Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, Evangelion, Akira, Dragon Ball Z, Kill la Kill, Seraph of the End, Fooly Cooly, and few other that I can't jam off the top of my head.

8. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

I've watched many, but only achknowledge the trigger free ones.

Erased
    Attack on Titan
    World Trigger
    Mushi-shi
    Digimon series
    Pokemon series
    Dragon Ball series
    Sword Art Online 1
    HunterxHunter
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Yu Yu Hakisho
    Death Parade (except episode seven which has absolutely nothing to with the episode and is just fan service the whole fucking thing)

I'll add more when I think of them. I also have a huge list of tv and movies that are trigger free for everyone if you are interested ;)

about a girl likes this.
  9. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

I'd say Bleach is superior. Story is good. Music is good. And it's just done in a very counter-culture kinda style. Truly an anime for adults because the character interactions have a lot of subtlety. And the idea that good guys can be bad guys and vice-versa is something that most animes shy away from.

10. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I only like Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z.

I'm sorry, I'm not really big on anime.

11. about a girl

about a girl Fapstronaut

Hi :) I love anime.. can you send me some lists that do not have fan service please, and movies too I love good movie that's not all about sex.. Thanks ! :)

Knight Solaire likes this.
  12. Veritech

Veritech Fapstronaut

Carl Macek is credited with bringing Anime from Japan to North America with Robotech back in 1985.

The story is really from three previous unrelated Japanese Anime series that were put together (due to American episode restrictions) as a whole new storyline. The series begins with the crash landing of the Super Dimensional Fortress (SDF-1) and three subsequent wars with three alien races - the Zentraedi, the Robotech Masters and the Invid, fighting over an alien energy source known as Protoculture.

What made Robotech stand out was that it was one of the first chronological series from episode 1 to 85. Also, it was one of the first animated series at the time where people actually died, including some of the main characters.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5971053/why-robotech-is-the-greatest-love-story-of-the-20th-century

Without Robotech, Anime would likely have not had much popularity outside of Japan. There were some previous attempts to bring Anime to North America such as Battle of the Planets and Voltron, but Robotech was the real breakthrough.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  13. melancholy king

Almost all anime have some type of conspiracy or good guy gone bad aspect to it, attack on titan with the police force, Fullmetal Alchemist with King Bradley, Berserk with well, everyone is kind of screwed up in that anime/manga. It's extremely typical in anime actually, I guess because it adds a sense of mystery to an otherwise simple situation, we aren't just fighting titans, now everyone is a potential threat.

the main problem with Bleach that I can remember just off of the top of my head is the whole plot shield BS that they pull, for example, everytime a character is about to get defeated they just pull out some unforeseen magic and win, and its done so much that it just makes the fights lose all meaning. The whole part with Aizen is just one example, this guy could predict when a fly farts, and he didn't even think Ichigo could take him on? come on... Alot of action anime do this, so bleach isn't an exception really.
    Interesting opinion, many people credit Dragonball with bringing anime to the western world (for better or for worse), and I almost never hear anyone talk about that anime, so I would say its contrary to popular opinion.

I want to say that almost always things don't go in a one step fashion the way people think it does, Robotech may have been one of the earliest series to have international appeal, but it was no means the sole reason. You seriously think anime would be as popular as it is now without all the series afterwards? hell nah. its more gradual than a lot of people like to think it is.

14. David95

David95 Fapstronaut

Sword Art Online (in case my picture wasn't enough)
    Your Lie in April
    Clannad After Story
    Angel Beats

15. melancholy king

The heck is that?

16. David95

David95 Fapstronaut

Its about music, a boy in junior high can't play the piano anymore, but he meets a girl who changes everything!

17. ynnel_ynnek

ynnel_ynnek Fapstronaut

I'm a fan of the ones I watched as a kid.

Initial D
    DBZ
    Dragonball
    Case Closed
    Sailor Moon

Haven't really watched much anime lately. But when I do get to watching anime, I could waste an entire week binge watching :)

18. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

One Piece and only One Piece.