1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just an Intro from a 50 yo

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by fixmenow, May 11, 2016.

1. fixmenow

fixmenow Fapstronaut

Good morning All! Making my first post as an intro to start right. I apologize if this is brief and a little scattered but I need to just get it started. I am 50 year old male married for almost 20 years. Now that I see what it is - I have had PMO additions for more than 30 years. Damn - that is a long time! Lots of work here. Without getting into detail yet, I have hit bottom and this has ruined my life. To the point of researching and planning suicide.

First of all my goal to start is 90 days - hard. If I can reach that goal we will revisit and extend it with changes from the hard part, depending if my wife is still around or not. To start it is full PMO and this started today 5/11/2016. I have been without P since 3/17/16 and am having a decent time controlling that. The M was kept limited but did out of control a few weeks ago with edging. It is time for full PMO.

I have just started with an SAA group, only two meetings or weeks in so still figuring it out but it looks like one of the biggest benefits is getting an accountability partner or sponsor. Up to this point there has been absolutely no one to talk to on this problem. It is much more publicly acceptable to be in AA or NA and be open about that - but this problem at least for me just can't come out.

Like i promised - a brief intro. I plan to write and check in in shorter spurts to keep accountable.

TheEternalStruggle and lfromcr like this.
  2. AA and NA are more acceptable due to the long term science to back up those issues. Science and medicine embracing pmo as addictive is in it's toddlerhood. Still finding it's legs and learning to walk.

The sexual revolution made questioning moderation, means, risk, and lifestyle taboo. The pendulum is ever swinging from the too far right, to the too far left.

We're finally (re)discovering that a healthy mind making healthy moderate choices results in a healthy life. What a no brainer that is...

Good luck, mate. Welcome.

3. fixmenow

fixmenow Fapstronaut

Thank you SumOfAllBeer! Yes, agreed, in 10 years or so it may be more acceptable to be open about our issue. It is too bad because it was not being able to get help has been my downfall, very far down.

Thank God for groups like this, SAA, etc..Funny how the anonymity of the internet gave us unlimited triggers but also allows us to be open here.

4. lfromcr

lfromcr Fapstronaut

:( Sad to hear this (PMO doesn't deserve your soul), but SOOO glad you're out here and getting help! :)

5. fixmenow

fixmenow Fapstronaut

Thank you Ifromcr! Yes PMO does take your soul. I never knew how hard it controls you. I learned a little late but will fix it.