1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depression has hit...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by roadtorecovery, Apr 12, 2016.

1. roadtorecovery

roadtorecovery Fapstronaut

It`s been one of those days where I could kill myself and be okay with it. Depression has sat in and I can`t take it much longer.

2. BennyLow78

BennyLow78 Fapstronaut

Try not to (and I mean don't)! there's always going to be bad days, and I know sometimes it's impossible to do anything about it. my tip (and I'm sure you've read this already) is to think of all the things you did well all day. for example, your currently beating me on your no PMO streak! when things are going bad for me, I try to do something different, often message old friends that I don't have much to do with anymore. usually it's just a two minute conversation, but sometimes we talk for days after, and that usually brightens the day up.
    I know things can be tricky, but keep on going, life is a rollercoaster, so enjoy the fast bits!

Judicious 7 likes this.
  3. Worthyofstanding2

Worthyofstanding2 Fapstronaut

I don't know who you are, where you live or literally anything about you BUT you're human and all humans deserve to be happy every single one. I know what it's like to feel suicidal and it's ok to be in this state sometimes life gets ontop of you ridiculously and you believe every day is grey I know how horrible it is. I just have to say don't do anything reckless, you are loved by your family, your friends and from us, everyone is here to support you...

I need you to enjoy yourself somehow, do the most exciting thing you can think of and right after your feeling a little stronger and happier (or even if not) seek help, reach out to a loved one they will understand what you're going through and will GLADLY help you through it trust me. If you don't just remember even though you don't know me I'm here to give you help all you need to do is ask.

Can I ask why today? Why today is it worse than others, tell me or tell someone else that's the first step at feeling the joy you deserve to feel. I know it may be hard but just take one step at a time and please just recognize how important you are, everyone on this forum would want you to stay, after all your human and humans make mistakes don't let this be the last mistake you make.

Judicious 7 likes this.
  4. Judicious 7

Judicious 7 Fapstronaut

I'm so sorry depression has hit and seems like it'll last forever. It won't. Please believe that it is only temporary. You will make it. As the previous posters mentioned, your life has meaning. You are valued here and to those who love you. We all here care about you and want to see you make it. What has you down? Please take it easy today. If it helps to get your mind off of things, have you any hobbies or interests? You can make it, friend. I believe you will.

roadtorecovery likes this.
  5. Why do you feel this way? What has been happening to cause these feelings? Sometimes, writing about them all helps. And we're here to listen and offer any support we can.

If these thoughts get intrusive, and you have plans to hurt yourself, please call 911 right away. ANd let us know that you've done so. We're here for you!

roadtorecovery likes this.
  6. roadtorecovery

Thank you for your support. It means a lot. Trying to look upon the blessings in my life.

7. roadtorecovery

This line that you stated put life into perspective, "After all your human and humans make mistakes don't let this be the last mistake you make". Thank you for your support. I am quoting you on this, because it contains so much truth.

Leanne and DocZhivago like this.
  8. roadtorecovery

Thank you for the support! Yesterday was difficult, but today has been better. However, I have been overly exhausted these past few days. It`s to the point that it is ridiculous. I do not know if it is simply a withdrawal symptom, which it could possibly be, or if something else is going on.

9. It could be withdrawal, or maybe a symptom of depression. Keep reaching out, and I hope/pray/expect the depression will lift and your energy will return.

10. Worthyofstanding2

Worthyofstanding2 Fapstronaut

If it wares off you know it's not something important but if It doesn't I'm always here. I just hate seeing people so sad when there is so much to live for, you know? If things don't continue to get better talk to someone bro.

11. roadtorecovery

I am doing better. Everyday is a battle, but I am learning to cope with the emotions.

12. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

my depression is when i'm alive, but i'm already dead, but i'm still alive, but i'm already dead, but still alive ....
    however in the darkest side of depression, i seen the beauty of it, it is that everything we are doing right now, economic growth, materialism, technology... all things we call "a development" don't exist, they get us to nowhere, but we're drowning in it. we're going in circle.