1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daytime depression

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 24, 2016.

1. I don't get it: Why am I depressed as hell when its daytime but completely happy and stuff when it's nighttime?

owler likes this.
  2. Kuxx20

Kuxx20 Fapstronaut

You must be a vampire.

3. I think that's pretty common. Often I'm quite depressed until around lunchtime and then things start looking brighter.

It's good to try and make your mornings enjoyable, instead of a stress fest.

4. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

@Pluto not that you're depressed in daytime. You get depressed after you wake up. If u dont believe, try sleeping in daytime and wake up in nighttime, you would feel depressed in nighttime too.

5. Golgo 13

Golgo 13 Fapstronaut

i love the night. its were all the action and quiet happens.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People get laid in the night, people party in the night.
    Secret deals are in the night, silence in the night.
    The night is the ultimate privacy against the fifthly NSA and there spying
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The night is were no one will judge you, all the creatures come out at night...

Chef Boy likes this.
  6. Do you really believe that? Do you think they sleep at night? So naive...

Creatures? Do you really think they won't judge you? So naive...

Silence? Not where I live. Only screams of robbery and rape victims. Do you really think it's silent in night everywhere? So naive...

Golgo 13 aka So Naive... :D

Golgo 13 likes this.
  7. Harvhe

Harvhe Fapstronaut

Been down the road of depression myself and i understand where you're coming from.

You can't expect all depressive people to respond the same (in the sense that depression can probably be mapped on a spectrum even if it feel terrible all the same)

If you know what is making you depressed, the day time would typically be the area associated and draws you into the most conflict with it, bearing its influence on your mood, even if you've detached yourself from the cause. Night-time may be your personal release as to say that the negative things on your mind have gone to sleep.

In the same sense, you can't be depressed while fast asleep (unless you lie awake, i recommend taking sleeping medication *discuss it with your local doctor/health clinic wherever* to help nod off, tiredness and keeping yourself awake with negative thoughts does not help your state of mind, days of lack of sleep can take its toll on your mental state, and it can induce psychosis if left unchecked for a prolonged time, why do you think they give people sedatives on wards within hospitals for mental patients other than to calm them down?) so you wouldn't even be aware (negative dreams are a different subject matter took into mind)

Im not really sure if the rest of the posts on this thread are constructive, but i hope that rather than you get better (so patronising for people to tell you that really like its a cold or a cough) but rather that in time you can move yourself to a better frame of mind and things get more manageable.