1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Beards and PMO

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by DannyCool, Mar 17, 2016.

Could you grow a beard when you were PMOing?

1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  1. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

I have been MOing since puberty every couple of days and have never been able to grow a full beard. I am wondering why?

2. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Even when I stopped PMOing I still could not grow a beard. Why?

3. Probably you just had dealt bad genetics.

I can grow a beard. I did in past. It's not very thick tho. When I grow it long it's not that great of a look for me. The best kind of beard on me would be like a length of week old beard. Ya know, at the point where it is more than just a stubble but still not quite full beard.

Anyhow, I did MO'd since I figured out how to use my hands and I PMO'd since I got internet. So for long time. My body still developed decently. Who knows, if I would have not released all the testosterone and hormones on a daily basis, when my body was developing, I might have more thick beard. I have no idea. I don't know exact science on this but I doubt it effects it much tho, if at all. 95% of guys at their teens, when their body is developing, M and they all still have different beards. I'm sure it's just genetics we have dealt, not MO'ing will not change that.

4. Some dudes just can't grow facial hair, unfortunately. I can't grow a full beard and I don't think I ever will be able to.

5. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Great thanks for the info. I thought I was like nearly the only man who can't grow a beard and that it was my fault almost somehow...

6. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Lots of fap = low testosterone levels....

7. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

It's possible but beards grow way faster when you're abstaining from masturbation. On this streak my beard seems to grow like crazy.

We have a beard thread here, if you want to join the link is in my signature, you're more than welcome to visit it!

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  8. How old are you ? If you don't mind me asking. When it comes to growing a beard, patience and persistence is key. I could only grow chin hair for the longest time and now I can grow facial hair but not as much as I would like lol
    Also, if you don't mind me asking does anyone else in your family have a beard? Uncle or dad? Genetics plays a huge role.

ShotDunyun likes this.
  9. Harvhe

Harvhe Fapstronaut

Though the testosterone is plausable, i wouldn't think anything of it.

I've already turned guy fawkes november length beard to a rasputin one mid-winter and im back to a filled out face of beard after cutting it off january and now back in march, beards run down my family and all that time i've been having my personal struggle of PMO, to which i've noticed no difference on my face fuzz (not that its top of my priorities).

Not a case of bad genetics, not having a beard isn't bad, but it might not just be a trait you have in your genes. Give it time, you may be a late bloomer or you are too young already to be really feeling the full effects of facial hair growth. (Or it might just not happen,)

I sympathise if you can't get the desired effect you want, but there are alternatives availible if you really want face hair such as having hair 'grafted' onto you so to speak.

All the same if it's encouragement to stop your addiction, draw on that energy.

10. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Fapstronaut

Growing a beard has not a lot to do with testosterone. It's about how sensitive hair follicles are to testosterone. It's essentially mostly genetics and environment.

11. Amorati

Amorati Fapstronaut

Exactly it's all genetics.If on your 25 years you have no beard forget it

12. What do you mean by environment

13. kk76

kk76 Fapstronaut

I am bearded but I do have fast growing facial hair. I can shave in a morning and by lunchtime it looks like I need to shave again

14. Wish I had that problem

15. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

Not always a good thing :p

16. kk76

kk76 Fapstronaut

Agreed. Especially with the cost of decent razor blades!

17. Andrew1989

Andrew1989 Fapstronaut

hehe :) I want a full beard too, mate.
    Unfortunately, it has more to do with genetics, than NoFap :(
    Since i started nofap, i noticed my beard growing faster, but not thicker or longer :(
    I heard that shaving regulary can actually make it grow thicker, it has something to do with hair foliculles, but i don`t think it was scientifically proven...

18. IGY

IGY Guest

Nah, It is an old wives' tale. :D

Andrew1989 likes this.
  19. CL555

CL555 Fapstronaut

Yep. I'm a beardy/hairy dude. However, I have those annoying gaps either side of my lips, which means I can't get Lemmy style chops![​IMG]

20. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut