1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tools for low self-esteem

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Steffholberg, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Steffholberg

Steffholberg Fapstronaut

Hey
    I have trouble with low self-esteem, or self value. Things like saying "you are awesome just the way you are" doesn't sink in. So i clearly have some work to do, and i don't think that it is simple, so i would like to ask you, if you know some long term tools i can use for helping my self-esteem/value.
    (i'm an christian guy, so religious tips are also welcome :) )

2. Boomer49

Boomer49 Fapstronaut

You should look into doing some work with the subconscious mind as that's the source of low self esteem and low confidence. Check the Internet.

*B49*

SONofVEnus likes this.
  3. sih

sih Fapstronaut

Face your fears, and conquer them one by one.

4. Victory is near

Victory is near Fapstronaut

Psalm 139:13-14

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

God made you as you are. He made you in every detail. He did not just throw you together. If the Creator of the universe has numbered each hair on your head "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered." then you should be happy in knowing that. God has mapped out a plan for your life follow and trust Him. Trust that He is on your side God saved you so you can be sure that you are on your way to Heaven there is nothing that anyone can do to you that can take that away from you. "The righteous are a bold as a lion"

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life"

5. Greatness

Greatness Fapstronaut

U gotta start meditating every single day for about min. 10 minutes. This will cause you to get to know yourself and once you know yourself it is easy to accept and love yourself the way you are.

SONofVEnus likes this.
  6. Many will tell you to: "fake it 'til you make it." But for most of the people on this forum it should be: "fake it 'til you become it." Everyone has insecurity, regardless of how rich, successful and happy a person seems. Depression, jealousy, envy - these are emotions that transcend time, race and religion.

To me, the one's who become successful are the ones who ignore society's negativity and, in turn, use criticism to fuel their fire. Instead of admitting defeat -- because they're not tall enough, not good-looking enough, not intelligent enough -- they accept the challenge and fight. And even after getting their asses kicked they continue to fight until their adversary is killed (figuratively speaking).

It takes WORK to become great. Consistent, thorough, rigorous work and effort. Whether it's your fitness, your career or your social life, every man and woman must look at themselves in the mirror objectively and see room for growth. They must admit that they are flawed and that there are many areas that need improvement. That's what I dedicate my life to - reaching that north star. I am NEVER satisfied. And I always want more.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    sih and philstronaut like this.
  7. SONofVEnus

SONofVEnus Fapstronaut

BEAUTIFUL

Victory is near likes this.
  8. Steffholberg

Steffholberg Fapstronaut

Thanks everybody for your responses. I almost thought this thread was dead, but then i return and a lot of exciting posts is here. @Victory is near , the things you wrote about God i believe is true, but the hard thing for me is to let it manifest in me, so it isn't just words, but is truly something I believe in. I'm trying :)

@Progressive Death Mettle, I think there is something in what you are writing, about not telling your self a negative story, about how you can not defeat or archive somethings, but i'm not sure about, that never being satisfied is the way to go. What i'm looking for is to rest in myself, to be self-confident, getting down to my value.

9. Thegoldennuts

Thegoldennuts Fapstronaut

In order to make progress or to get rid with low self esteem you can start training your body, getting better grades or helping people.

Let me tell you why:
    1. If you begin getting bigger, you'll feel like you have acheived something. And your friends will tell you "heeey Steffholberg, since when did you begin bodybuilding" and if not your friends then perhaps your family.

2. Better grades always give some sort of a motivation boost. I use my time learning languages, and I can now communicate in Spanish fairly well. Foreigner look at me with bad eyes, and when they find out that I can speak their language on a decent level they get surprised, and that's a quick Red Bull for low-esteem.

3. Whenever you help someone they will end up saying "thanks and smile". In my case I always find that spark in my heart when someone smiles, and I remember these moments, because whenever my parents talk about bad boys or people without manners I end up thinking that I'm an angle compared to some people.

10. Steffholberg

Steffholberg Fapstronaut

But @Thegoldennuts will all these things is achievements, and i feel there is a danger in building me self-esteem around achievements? I think i really get a lot of things done in my life, and i get good grades :), but my inner self are not accepting the joy in these things. I don't think i get satisfied with my body only by changing it - a lot of people who i think have perfect body's are not satisfied - i think i need something deeper - a motivation, a drive, i thing that tells me "you are worth fighting for" and a satisfaction in who i am.

11. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

Its in how you think and what you do. To change your change esteem to a better place, go out and DO things. At first its hard, then it becomes easy and you only get richer and richer.