1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrate the Small Successes!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Fappernator, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Fappernator

Fappernator Fapstronaut

Hey so this is probably quite minor to a lot of people but this is probably one area I have always struggled in….Complimenting or starting conversations with random women. I go Costa quite regular and there’s this woman whose there every so often (a barista) anyway I usually just say hi to here, but I noticed her hair looked really nice this time but I was having an inner battle in my mind, where my old thinking was like “Don’t’ even dare compliment her! What if you get embarrassed? What will she think?” but this time was like no i’m going to say something, it’s the only way I’m going to improve and get better at this. So as she handed the cup to me I said in a jumbled mess something that resembled “Yyyou’re hair looks nice uppp like that!” Which she didn’t hear the first time around so I had to repeat but she smiled and said thank you. So even though I probably came across nervous I DID IT!!

I know it’s small but it felt awesome and I didn’t get embarrassed like my thoughts were telling me…celebrate the small victories!

2. volt2187

volt2187 Guest

Absolutely agree 100%!!! This is how we begin seeing improvements, little things like this. I've done the exact same thing, quick one sentence statements, usually with a stuttered voice like yourself, but it's slowly helping me gain back my confidence. Where I work, I have to talk to customers, so sometimes I force myself to compliment or say something about the girls that go in there. A few weeks ago I did that to one who was wearing a summer dress during the middle of January and it was a funny little conversation. I just grew the balls to do it. Don't hesitate, JUST DO IT!

3. Fappernator

Fappernator Fapstronaut

Great to hear! It's really these small things that add up and i know if i didn't do it i would of kicked myself all day.

Respect to your progress dude!

4. Fappernator

Fappernator Fapstronaut

Did the same again with another barista aha! I knew her name so called her by that and then had a little conversation...it went well!