1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suffering wife seeks support as her marriage (and life) gets put back together

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Gamerwife85, Jun 27, 2015.

1. TheWife

TheWife Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thank goodness you found another oncologist! Hopefully they will be better able to assess you and help you with whatever is to come. Please keep us updated here as you get the results - I am sure I'm not the only one with my fingers crossed hoping for some better news.

2. TheWife

A bit of Florence to help you through....

An oldie but a goodie.
    I am also a big fan. I saw her live a couple of years ago. Most amazing concert. I had trouble jumping to 'Dog Days Are Over' due to being 9 months pregnant at the time.

And just a small note to say, hair or no hair, you are still you. A beautiful, courageous and wonderful woman.

Mj1064 and Strugglesaurus like this.
  3. Madwithstars

Madwithstars Fapstronaut

I'm rooting for you, I sincerely hope that you have better prognosis soon.

4. Strugglesaurus

Strugglesaurus Fapstronaut

As all the other wonderful ladies and gents here, I too hope you receive better news from a seemingly better qualified oncologist. I'm so sorry about your hair. I'm sure we would all feel the same way, but your hair is not the reason why you are gorgeous. ;) Good luck! <3

Gamerwife85 likes this.
  5. Update time! My oncologist called with the lung biopsy results on Tuesday; the nodules in my lungs are NOT CANCEROUS. That was a bit of news I was not expecting to get. I sobbed when I hung up the phone. I'm back to the initial treatment structure (chemo first, then surgery, followed by radiation). I start chemo next Friday.

I'm out of town for the weekend visiting friends and family; what was originally a trip scheduled with the idea that "OMG I need to see as many people as I can because who knows how much longer I'll be around" has become a "Hell yeah, time to celebrate and have a last hurrah before starting chemo" trip. I haven't traveled by myself in a long time; I forgot how exciting it can be! I've been nervous about @Garnadaan and his behavior (especially after he mentioned having some unexpectedly heavy urges last night) but he said he was able to calm them and get past it (yay!). I believe him, which I'm proud of myself for thinking. I think the trust is starting to come back, little by little.

6. Strugglesaurus

Strugglesaurus Fapstronaut

Yay! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you two. Good luck with your chemo, and have fun on your trip. I'm sure Garnadaan will make it through no problem. :)

7. DireMerl

DireMerl Fapstronaut

That's Amazing news. You're such a strong person. Keep on fighting. And have a blast. You certainly deserve it xx

TheFiancée and Strugglesaurus like this.
  8. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

Omg, praise the sun!!! \o/ \o/

It's makes me so happy to hear that. I was thinking a couple days ago "I hope they are doing okay. We still haven't been able to have a couples Dark Souls night!"

I wish you the best of luck with your chemo and surgery. Just get through this and continue the wonderful path your lives are taking. And as always, stay strong!

Gamerwife85 and Strugglesaurus like this.
  9. TheWife

YES!!!
    That is fantastic!
    Somebody get this girl a glass of champagne and a party hat. You need to celebrate the hell out of this news.
    Remain positive.
    We'll all be thinking of you for Friday.

10. Madwithstars

Madwithstars Fapstronaut

11. Hi everyone, my apologies for not having updated sooner. I think about all of you every day and hope everyone is doing well, staying strong, and remembering that they're beautiful, worthwhile, and loved. :)

Recovery from my first chemo treatment (or cycle, as they're called) has been challenging. The first couple of days were okay, afterwards....not so much. Fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks and has been my constant companion. I've pretty much turned into a hermit, not leaving the apartment (having a compromised immune system + fatigue = bad combo). LOTS of Netflix time, oof. I'll be done with chemo in early February....looking forward to that!
    Yesterday was the first day I had enough energy to be off the couch, thankfully. Garnadaan and I went to the grocery store last night; getting out of the house was GREAT. I was ecstatic! I still have to take it easy, of course; I don't have the energy that I used to.

Things have been pretty stressful around here lately, both at home and (in Garnadaan's case) at work. I'm a little sad that Garnadaan hasn't journaled on this site in a while and voiced my feelings about this last night. He says that things are manageable/okay on the PMO front, but his words are still difficult to believe due to the still-present trust issues. I hope he'll get back into journaling.

In other news, the night before last Garnadaan and I had sex for the first time post-chemo. It was good, but there are definitely some minor physical adjustments that had to be made during the activity. My body is definitely a little physiologically different due to the chemo! ;)

Garnadaan has the day off today. He's getting a haircut right now and will be picking me up afterwards so we can go out to breakfast and potentially do more errands depending on my energy levels.

That's all for now. I need to catch up on everyone's journals...that'll be over the next couple of days. :D

12. Just wanted to let you know that I find your strength and positivity inspiring. Sending good thoughts your way and feel that you have a positive future ahead of you.

13. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

Awesome news... made my day!!!

Blondewife likes this.
  14. DireMerl

DireMerl Fapstronaut

Amazing news. Great to see you back :)

15. TheWife

Very glad that came to let us know things were going okay. I have been thinking of you and hoping the treatment wasn't knocking you around too much. Big hugs.

16. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

I took a bit of a hiatus myself and am so glad to come back and see you doing well. Hang in there, girl :)

17. TheFiancée

TheFiancée Fapstronaut

Hello Gamerwife85,

I just popped in to say: you are awesome! Such a strong, beautiful soul. My thoughts are with you and I wish you the most wonderful day today. And tomorrow. And the day after that, and after that... ;)

Also: Thank you.

:)

Mj1064 likes this.
  18. Goodness, time has gotten away from me! I had no idea it'd been so long since I'd posted. Thank you for the kind words, @alexander, @Handzfree, @DireMerl, @TheWife, @Haggis, and @TheFiancée, and @Strugglesaurus - they mean so much. Even though I don't post as often my thoughts are with you every single day.

Chemo has been pretty rocky lately. Side effects are whooping my ass (fatigue, diminished taste buds, occasional mouth sores, a twitch in my left eyelid due to the chemo affecting my nerves, just to name a few) and I spent two days in the hospital last weekend due to having severe neutropenia (super low white blood cell count) but aside from the fatigue, which is constant, I'm feeling a bit better - just in time to start over again (round three of chemo is on December 1st...sigh). After round 3 I'll be halfway done with chemo (yay).

I haven't been doing well emotionally speaking, either, but that'll have to wait for now. I'll post more in a bit...I have to go pick up Garnadaan from work. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and is staying strong! :)

TheWife likes this.
  19. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

If you can stay strong through everything you're dealing with, we can certainly stay strong through our own petty issues :)

I know it sucks to be dealing with all that, but I'm glad you're making progress.

Stay the course.

20. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thanks for the update.
    Sorry the chemo is whoop ass... I've known people who speak of brain fog.
    Emotionally well??? who could be in your situation? You're right, it can wait.
    here's hoping the second half is much easier.

Best wishes - HF