1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Braces

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bobs-got-it, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

Hey communtiy looking for some opinions. I know everybody is pretty nice here but you can be honest. I'm 27 my teeth have bugged me for years there not horrible still look okay but I hate pictures because of it. My front tooth is crowded and pushes out the pointed one. Plus i hate the way my bite feels in my mouth. I'm probably gonna get the clear metal ones maybe invisalign if I can. I'm just really self conscious about getting them.

Calm likes this.
  2. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Get em now man. Before you are 30 at least.

Had braces as a kid in 4th and 5th grade. Made my teeth perfect for the most part, granted I didn't wear the retainer after I had them taken off for the recommended amount of time and one of my bottom teeth goes inwards past the other but people often comment how my teeth are perfect. Lol I use to have a small gap between the ol' front chompers as a child.

Even with the minor misalignment of my bottom two middle teeth I am very content with teeth these days.

Grateful to my parents for sending me to get braces as a child. One of the overlooked blessings of being born in the first world.

3. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

Yeah I had the opportunity, when I was younger parents would have had the bill it would be over damn what was I thinking

4. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

Just do it, i had braces put on me when i was 24 and i had them for 3 years, but its absolutely worth it

5. theDoctorSmith

theDoctorSmith Fapstronaut

They're a pain. Better to get them now than later. I went to a dentist because I chipped my tooth a little and it was too rough. She said I had a bite problem and I had to get braces. I have to travel for 8 hours tomorrow for an appointment. I've had them for 7 months and have another 3 at least. Then I have to get retainers for a few more years. Damn these things. I got the self-ligating ones hoping the process would be shorter so the braces are clear visible.

6. Bobs-got-it

Bobs-got-it Fapstronaut

Thank, last week I scheduled an appointment so gonna see what's gonna happen, nofapturnaround I was looking at the clear self ligating. For the most part now I'm not worried what people think even though most could care less, it's a health thing to benefit me, just annoying.