1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Gossip in small towns can be deadly

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ItsNotWorthIt, Oct 12, 2015.

1. ItsNotWorthIt

ItsNotWorthIt Fapstronaut

Been living here in a small town for a few months alone,
    and im starting to feel that people are talking about me, ofcourse it could be me being paranoid or something but with the way i look and behave its more than likely that they do.
    i dont comb my hair, dont care about my clothing style so i kinda look like someone who escaped a mental hospital at times.
    i have no car so i walk around the town allot to do my grocery's and drive with my bike to work/gym

I have allot of self harm scars on both arms from when i was younger,
    i always wear long sleeves in public but in the gym i wear sleeveless for comfort
    so i get allot of looks at times, literally everyone looks at me with either fear in their eyes or disgust

to think of it i never had someone look in my eyes with love... ive only seen
    fear, disgust and disappointment...

maybe they feel that ive never been hugged, kissed,loved so they think there must be something wrong with me

hm
    ... my mind always goes blank when i start writing
    anyway people talk allot in small towns ive noticed and i seem to be the main topic which could become very very dangerous for me... what if they start thinking i'm some kind of killer

so lets say a girl gets killed in this small town i live in and they have no suspect... the police will start asking around if they might know someone that could have killed that girl , most people will point at me because of how i live and look... so they will ask me where i was at night...
    (i love the night so i sprint at night 3times a week and i work at night)
    i tell them the truth but there is no proof of me actually sprinting so they will think i killed that girl at night... so i go to jail because people are afraid of me...

maybe i should start styling my hair and putting good clothes on so people wont notice me anymore...

or maybe im over thinking this

anyone has experience with gossip?

Calm likes this.
  2. Anti-faper

Anti-faper Fapstronaut

Okay don't freak out and calm down it must be the kind of town that knows everybody you're just an outsider but I'll give a year or two before the gossiping goes away.

Calm likes this.
  3. slowhands

slowhands Fapstronaut

Man,

that's not a worrying deal. People often talk without knowing, just because they have a tongue in their stupid mouths.

But why just dont start a discussion with someone randomly in the gym, for example? Or in the shop? Just show them ur normality and will to socialize with the community.
    I'm kinda introvert and need time to socialize with people. They usually ended up calling me a socially excluded or weirdo but once they got me known their opinion changed. As you said, you also better take care of yourself more (clothes, hair and body), if u feel comfortable with doing this. If you open yourself I'm sure you'll change opinion bout your community and vice versa.
    Gossips live shortly ;)

Calm likes this.
  4. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

Ever read this book?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6596.The_Four_Agreements

I think now is the perfect time if you have not as this situation calls for it :)

People who gossip don't know how to use the power of their word for good. What you need to do is practice not taking anything personally ;)

This book should also help you with the underlying causes of your worry.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  5. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Everybody in my small town talks about me because I'm handsome and friendly.

6. Anti-faper

Anti-faper Fapstronaut

It's the same thing I was telling him before calm down and don't worry about it, try talking to other people become, active in the town and the gossiping will stop. You have to be positive in your abilities and yourself.