1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Fapstronauts with Long Hair here?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by CountryDude, Sep 19, 2015.

1. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Inspired by a recent beard thread, I wonder does anyone here have long hair? I mean mostly guys, of course, since it's pretty common for girls.

So I saw the recent beard thread which re-sparked my desire to grow a beard, but I just don't think it will be accepted very well in my profession. So, then I got to think about long hair, or at least longer hair. Right now, I have fairly short hair.

Sikhs and Rastafarians have a spiritual connect to their long hair and some claim health benefits. This is interesting to me, but aside from that it'll give me something to do and be interested in besides my addiction.

So any guys here with long hair and how do you feel about it?

Any advice as to growing hair long (ladies opinion most welcome too)

Calm likes this.
  2. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

I have a long hair, I'll probably never have it short again.
    It does take more maintenance than short hair and if you don't properly take care of it you'll get the split ends and then you might look like Hagrid.

There are lots of different types of hair, like the more rebellious ones and the more obedient types. I've noticed that the more longer the hair is, it obeys my comb more and more :) I'm lucky to have a fairly straight hair out of the box.
    If you have an extremely curly one then you might wanna venture into having an afro style, or just make a pony tail.
    Straightening your hair is not really healthy(for the hair), but then again, hair is a dead matter so who cares?

Calm and CountryDude like this.
  3. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Lulz.

I have had long hair for about nine years. You can't really see it on my avatar, but my longest strands of hair were about 50cm at that point. Recently I got it cut 10-15cm shorter, though. 99% of the time I am awake and not under the shower I am having a ponytail.

I agree with @axy_david regarding the 'obedience' of my hair.

Washing it goes quite quickly for me, but drying and getting it in shape takes a bit longer. I am washing it almost every day, I know this is not actually necessary, but it becomes greasy so quickly. I already tried to reduce this, but it didn't help. May be I should do some research on that :D

4. Used to have long hair style for like 2 years, it took alot of work to take care of not to mention that you have to go to a stylist and some weight taken off it and cleaned up regularly aus it can look pretty baad if you're lazy, the last year I had it which was this year I actually stopped taking care of it and it looked crazy, it was kinda tangled up, by the time, i had moved into a new place and I didn't have time to find a new stylist but when I did, they told me that they had to do extra work to undo the mess of leaving it for months, so I decided to just cut it shorter. I prefer this new look I have now though and its easier to style myself and it saves me a bit of money with the cheaper cuts now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  5. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

I use to have whiteboy dreads in high school, that was after I rocked the most insane whiteboy 'fro my high school had ever seen hahah I should post a picture but not. To maintain proper dreadlocks is a chore and definitely a serious undertaking, if you see someone with well kept dreads you can bet that they have their shit together in life.

On the other hand if you see messy dreads that look like a rat's nest avoid a person like that, they call them 'wooks' at jamband and hippie concerts hahahha. Ah American hippie culture, they stole so much from Native Americans and Rastafarians, but most real hippies have good hearts at least.

I now have short hair and would never try growing my hair out ever again, too much maintenance for long curly hair, just too much.

6. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Guess I'm the lucky one with straight hair.

7. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

Great input guys!

I have wavy hair. I wonder what it would look like long? haha

8. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut