1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to feel more masculine?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by kriss93, Aug 31, 2015.

1. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

What should I do to feel myself more masculine like the old days? I think that PMO made me a "white rabbit", and I think I too "afraid" of nearly any other males. What can/should I do, to improve the feeling in myself that I'm a real man, who's mission to defend his girl, and fight with other males if it's necessary, not run away from them or serve them.

Amukadi8 likes this.
  2. trg-nw846

trg-nw846 Fapstronaut

I have the same problem! And in my opinion physical strenght is very important and necessary feel like a real man.

kriss93 likes this.
  3. It comes down to self-confidence and your general belief in yourself; many PMO addicts suffer a lack of this because the addiction rids us of our personal value. This is all part of the Nofap process in my opinion.

GmanUK and Knight Solaire like this.
  4. Lets_do_this

Lets_do_this Fapstronaut

I think strength is really an important aspect. Heavy Weight-training is one of the keypoints of self improvement. You get in shape. You improve and learn to accept your body, you get a better posture and you also seem more confident. All heavy exercises are good for that, but I can recommend deadlifts the most. No matter how much you can lift it will always feel great to lift the heaviest possible weight for you from the bottom.. I guess it's something psychological in our prepositions as men to move heavy things :D It just feels good and makes you seem more manly.

5. Dan1

Dan1 Fapstronaut

Get in a fight. With a stranger.

#Fightclub #Masculinity #Winning #Dontactuallydothis #Hashtag

Blop12, Zerg Prosecutor and bean like this.
  6. Moni

Moni Fapstronaut

Be confident about your strengths, work continuously on your weaknesses. Treat those weaker than you with respect and soon you'll find that those stronger than you would treat you with respect.

Amukadi8 likes this.
  7. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

Hey bro, I agree with what @Moni said, Id like to add: start training combat sports(MMA, Muay Thai, Bjj, Boxing etc..), start meditating on a regular basis, read books, exercise regularly and start doing comtemplation: like writing down what you can take responsibility for, find your value as a man and find your purpose, what you live fore, stand for and die for etc.. and lastly set and write down goals like set mini challenges for yourself.

Hope this helps brother. Peace!!:cool:

kriss93 and Islanders190 like this.
  8. kriss93

kriss93 Fapstronaut

what exactly mean deadlift?:)

I think my HOCD thoughts came from this "white rabbit" feeling and I want to get over this with some gym exercises to feel more masculine. Because I remember that the old times I'd rather want to fight with a man than run away from him or "serve" him. Does anyone know what I'm talkin' about? Is it also causes bad HOCD thoughts to someone?

9. Lets_do_this

Lets_do_this Fapstronaut

It's a heavy weightlifting exercise, but you need to look on the form very much

kriss93 likes this.
  10. keepitreal-88

keepitreal-88 Fapstronaut

Building your physical strength is great and work out will build testosterones levels which will increase you sense of masculinity. Probably more important though is your mental strength and how you interact with the world, become less reactive to others, don't flinch when someone throws a surprise your way, stay cool like nothing can throw you off. Get a purpose and only let you define you, and make sure you define your self how you want to be

11. müur

müur Fapstronaut

Being assertive always makes me feel manly as fuck.

Me: "u enjoying your apple? "
    Him:"yeh. Go get one "
    Me:"please dont tell me what to do"

Feelsgood

12. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

Ha! Good stuff.

13. TheGreatZulu

TheGreatZulu Fapstronaut

How often do you guys have strong urges? It took me to day 49 or so. I do workout regularly. I was in a relationship earlier this year and i had to have sex every week and she was disappointed I never initiated it. Anyone else have these problems? Also what to do when you have strong urges? After four days of strong urges I gave in..

I also recommend weight training or at least strength body weight work like pull ups and push ups if you dont have the spare cash to join a gym.

14. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

Women respond better to direct clitoral stimulation than anything else. You can give them orgasms easily without having one yourself. For some reason this always made me feel more at ease. It seemed to satisfy some kind of sexual need that I had even though I didn't have an orgasm myself. Of course, you need a lot of self control to walk away from such a major turn on but it can be done and gets easier with practice.

Check out the new thread/poll:

http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/effects-of-semen-retention.46314/