1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The holy trinity of self improvement

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by doctor_warren, Jul 8, 2015.

1. doctor_warren

doctor_warren Fapstronaut

I'd like to present a method of thinking about self improvement and success, I post stuff like this all the time (actually not, but i'd like to share more of my ideas) on my log in the 20 and under section, here it is:

I like calling it,as many also do, the "mind-heart-balls" system or the "truth-power-love" system and it's actually quite a common paradigm/idea that floats around in the self improvement communities. (whatever floats your boat really).

Say you are stumped with improving your life. You envision yourself with success in something, you feel like you've improved a lot, but you aren't making it happen, just like me, or anyone really. What you want to do is figure where have you grown and where you are lacking.

Here's the system:

Mind: Your understanding of what you're trying to do, your tactics, strategies, philosophy and knowledge.

Heart: Your motivation, your love for what you are trying to do and your relationship with everything involved with it.

Balls: Your discipline, your willpower and courage

For example in nofap, I have the mind-the techniques the heart-the motivation, the conviction, the love of what I can become, but do I have the balls? Do I have the willpower to man the fuck up and attack? I don't, and so, no matter how much I study and motivate, I won't make it cause I chicken out at the first sign of urge . Usually improving one of the aspects, say motivation, can positively affect the other two, for example gaining motivation will help you want to study and gain balls, or maybe gaining balls will make you want to study and motivate even more. Just think about it, you can look it up for other explanations and such.

2. Kenji

Kenji Guest

MIND, HEART, ......TESTES? YES BALLS!

MIND, HEART, BALLS! MIND, HEART, GONADS! MIND, HEART, TESTICLES!!!

Sorry the Mind, Heart, Balls system was asking for it.

Heart is Mind, Mind Over Matter. Transcend your Balls, transmute/sublimate the sex energy.

Don't get stuck on your balls like ordinary men do.

Balls as a metaphor for conviction...juvenile but understandable.

chinchilla808 likes this.
  3. chinchilla808

chinchilla808 Fapstronaut

@doctor_warren I totally agree with your sentiments! I've heard before that "everything is related to everything" which I think resonates with your post. I find it a bit ironic that our "mind-heart-balls" system is supposed to work in unison, but many times I feel like my mind is at war with the other two entities. And sometimes one entity must be the catalyst to spur the others into action. In my case balls before mind tends to work best (in the case of my NoFap journey). But ultimately I think this "mind-heart-balls" system is just an oversimplification of an individual, and they are all a part of a bigger picture.

4. doctor_warren

doctor_warren Fapstronaut

They are all part of a bigger picture indeed, and I doubt this bigger picture will ever be summed up in one simple system. However, I do believe this system is a good way to think about improvement. Best wishes ^^