1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For the fitness freaks!!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jackhammer, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Fapstronaut

Do you go to the gym? If so what do you do and what is your exercise routine like? Are you consistent or on and off? Going to gym is a good way to release stress and keep your sexual urges at bay. I'm a big believer in cardio and the benefits it Reaps. So let me know what you think and your overall thoughts on working out.

Kenji, Getter Better and Amukadi8 like this.
  2. I work out, but not in the gym. Number one, I don't have a good gym nearby and number two, I'm into bodyweight training. Can't explain my routine yet because I'm undergoing an injury rehab but I completely understand how working out can help with managing the urges and releasing stress! Cardio is very beneficial for the health of the heart but I'm not a big fan of the idea of "fat burning", live a healthy lifestyle and be active, it's not something that comes and goes!

I don't work out for hypertrophy, I have different goals. I want to get stronger, obtain skills (bodyweight and gymnastics) and get more mobile, I also want to live a healthy lifestyle and stay active. Plus, I really enjoy training and I'm having fun while doing it! I'd recommend that everyone have a well conditioned body and live a healthy lifestyle for the best health bodily and mentally. ;)

Kenji likes this.
  3. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

I currently run about 3 times a week, and want to get back into swimming once a week also at some point. I've never really gymed to be honest, but I'm so slim and weak that I really could do with building up somehow. I might consider it when I go to uni, but I guess it'd be good to have stuff I can do at home without spending money.

malawiman and Kenji like this.
  4. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

I work out outdoors at park with gymnastics and body weight calisthenics and in Gym with cardio and compound weighlifting.
    Why: mainly for A healthy body, increase my Strength and Testosteone for my Martial Arts compatitions and muscular gains with functional hypertrophy.
    you know it feels good to look sexy undressed, but, Its even better when you dont have bad posture, osteoparosis and are able to release stress and tension in a positive way.
    My body weight workouts are filled with basic movements like pressups, situps, squats, lunges, core exercises, and some advanced stuff like muscle ups, hand stand press ups and one arm press ups and single leg squats. My Weight lifting Is compound+ Deadlifts, Bench Press, Hack Sqauts, Back Squats, over Head press and clean and press.
    I love exercise and Cardio for me is running 10k, cycling and skipping.
    Im a little freaky, lol

Kenji and drawoh like this.
  5. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Fapstronaut

I use to do weight training routines...very heavy lifting...I was doing the big three which are chest deadlifting and squats...big gains..I eventually stopped and quit for a while. Now I'm doing straight cardio. My favorite machine has to be the stair master. It's tough work but massive gains..before cardio RHR was 75...now it's like 50 and I'm very happy with my results

Amukadi8 likes this.
  6. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

Thats pretty cool man, do you do any stretching/flexibility routines or foam rolling to reduce tension and lubricating joints like :)

7. Jackhammer

Jackhammer Fapstronaut

Stretching

Amukadi8 likes this.
  8. drawoh

drawoh Fapstronaut

vinyasa yoga, weight lifting, calisthenics

Amukadi8 likes this.
  9. Jake Wards

Jake Wards Fapstronaut

I think working out is really important. Especially on those days that you really don't want to. After all we are all here trying to teach our selves discipline in a society full of the temptation for immediate pleasure.

I think cardio is very important too. I go to the gym 5 days a week. When I go I do 30 min of intense cardio then move onto lifting and so on. I know this isn't the 'right way' according to some but it is what I have found works for me.

After that, cold shower. Damn cold showers are so fucking good! I get such a huge buzz from them. Once I finish at the gym I then go out with friends to the pub but don't drink alcohol. Then home to play instruments and go to sleep. I find this routine works for me. Always busy but looking to expand on it with meditation and other hobbies. Gym is what I have found sets me up with the desire to do the rest though.

Consistency is key I think when you are trying to rid yourself of bad habits and replace them with new positive ones.

Last thing I would say on this is that why not reach your physical potential? It can only be a good thing.

Amukadi8 likes this.
  10. JethroTull

JethroTull Fapstronaut

Gym is great!! For me with body goals and strength goals it take any focus off the pron.

11. Temujin

Temujin Guest

I think diet and exercise are important. But you need to focus on both.

In terms of diet i follow intermittant fasting. I only ever eat one meal a day, usually dinner. I eat only in a four hour eating window so i am usually fasting for 20 hours a day.

In terms of exercise i do not go the gym but practice progressive calisthenics. So this is push ups, pull ups, squats ect. However i do my reps extremely slowly. I mean extremely slowly. I find this is safer while also putting greater strain on your muscles.

My body is lean and i have good muscle definition. Not bodybuilder physique but one i am told is attractive.

Amukadi8 likes this.
  12. Kenji

Kenji Guest

If I answered this truthfully you might have a meltdown and be taken to the psychiatric hospital, I'm that much of a workout freak, so I'll just let my man's video say 2 cents on what tickles my fancy,

I train Navy SEAL bodyweight drills 5 days a week alongside gymnastic strength conditioning. I lift weights on top of my calisthenic and warbeast bodyweight training. I also cycle and run, mostly sprints on the track nowadays but I still like 5 milers on the trails (running distance regularly really leans out your muscles) and I only do cardio outdoors. I also train kung fu daily, as well as practice taiji quan and qi gong.

I really don't know how else to describe my training other than "harnessing the beast essence".

And as Mr. Universe would say, I'm a staunch warrior vegan,

http://www.thediscerningbrute.com/2015/07/14/mr-universe-goes-vegan/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    Amukadi8 likes this.
  13. I go 6 days a week. I do the typical body building routine, working on every muscle on different days, and then using one day to rest.

Kenji likes this.
  14. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Ido Portal swears by 6 days on, 1 off. Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
    Amukadi8 and AlltheRageBackHome like this.
  15. Amenquaruzz8

Amenquaruzz8 Fapstronaut

Yeah 30 minutes intense cardio before weights is great, I like that approach, and on to of that cold showers! beastly!!
    Consistency builds discipline, and possitive habits.
    What instruments do you play bro? and what kind of meditation do you do?

Jake Wards likes this.
  16. Jake Wards

Jake Wards Fapstronaut

I play an acoustic bass guitar. I'm not so good but thats because I refuse to do lessons and look at music theory, I find that sort of stuff kills my creativity. I wanna see if I can learn it well by simply picking it up. I believe it can be done xD Walking meditation is a good one due to being busy but if I get a chance I will sit down and do it properly until my mind empties. I dont follow a particular school of meditation, I try to keep my hobbies as informal as I can. Do you play?

Amukadi8 likes this.