1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholic / Orthodox Fapstronauts

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

There's no shame in being here though, so welcome to the thread, @cheekybrah ! 16 days is very good, and I know you'll keep getting better.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. cheekybrah

cheekybrah Fapstronaut

Just saw this quote and it made me pretty emotional and I guess feel good.

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled" Matthew 5:6

3. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

In biblical speech this hunger and thirst is an honest fervent prayer with faith for righteousness / here not doing PMO or/and being chaste . It's especially effective when praying at the moment/s of temptation because we have the promise

4. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

Relapsed on Friday night, went for confession this morning. The healing power of Confession really amazes. I'm more resolved to quit this addiction once and for all. I know that I'm not alone in this, and that God walks with me, and has always been walking with me though my journey.

@cheekybrah one of my favourite verses comes a couple of lines after the one you quoted:

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Mt 5:8

Keeping ourselves on the right path spiritually, walking in the right path, will lead us to see more clearly our own purpose in life, as well as to appreciate the wonders in the world that God has made, in the way that they were meant to be seen and appreciated.

WhoStoleMySock, Dallas22 and headedup like this.
  5. AllanTheCowboy

AllanTheCowboy Fapstronaut

Day nine, and going to mass for the first time since Easter.

6. AllanTheCowboy

I'm a bit sleepy still, and at first glance I read "God wanks with me.". That would be soooooo awkward...

7. peregrinnus

peregrinnus Fapstronaut

LOL Allan that IS kinda awkward.

Anyway guys, I'm starting a week of daily Rosary prayers again, starting from tonight (Sunday). Those really helped me on the last streak I had. Anyone who wants to join in, please feel free to.

Dallas22 likes this.
  8. AllanTheCowboy

Why not make it nine days, instead of a week, and ask for intercession from St. Dymphna, patron of nervous and mental disorders.

9. canadianspartan

canadianspartan Fapstronaut

I will join the daily rosary. Its been awhile since i prayed it last and i remember it is a powerful prayer

10. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Welcome @AllanTheCowboy ! Going to Mass regularly can change your life, and will power you through this reboot. No need to go it alone!

11. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

12. JethroTull

JethroTull Fapstronaut

But seriously, for realsies, how good are dem beatitudes? I've spoken to multiple well read atheists who have AGREED with me in saying that the beatitudes are strikingly good and amazingly "novel". What I mean by that is that it's hard to trace them back to other historical figures or writings that could have inspired them.

If you get a chance, listen to this work. The Beatitudes by Arvo Part. A stunning piece!!

chastedude and Deleted Account like this.
  13. Lupta

Lupta New Fapstronaut

Hello Catholic/Orthodox Fapstronauts! I am new round these parts. I had a reset last night and decided that it was over and I needed to start fighting this. I am Orthodox and found this forum and signed up after reading through some of this thread. Just wanted to say hello!

14. Yglibrarian2013

Yglibrarian2013 Fapstronaut

Has anyone here thought about trying E5 Men? It's a group based off of Paul's fifth chapter to the Ephesians. I did it in college for a little bit. I wanted to start fasting again and figured this would be the best way. You have only bread and water for your meals for one day out of the month. Special forces can do it more than once a month. You don't have to be married to do it. If anyone wants to try it here is the link:

http://www.e5men.org/index.cfm?CFID...essionid=843098fe72bac2f38cdb265e682954295f6f

God Bless

15. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Nice to have you Lupta, you can do this!

16. Doing that and it lead me to cut down food intake and eat simply in general.

Also, recommending this book by Matt Fradd: http://store.lifeteen.com/victory.aspx

17. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

Thanks @darknight , I will add it to the list of resources on the first page of the thread!

18. Ze'ev

Ze'ev Fapstronaut

Welcome Lupta, and all other newcomers! I'm sorry I've been so dodgy with being involved in this community. I think it has and does help me, so I intend to come back to it.

Bad news: I relapsed twice today.
    Good news: I've been slowly, with God's help, looking up to Him in prayer, and using the Orthodox prayers of the hours as anchor points for the pursuit of love and righteousness. I've also been reading St. Symeon the New Theologian, and his "Hymns of Divine Eros". Both his true repentance and his vision of a transformed eros have been inspiring me to see beyond.
    Better news: Tomorrow is my visit to one of the three parishes where I will most likely begin my catechism. The day is drawing near. Pray for discernment for me, to find the parish that is best for me.

funkycedars likes this.
  19. headedup

headedup Fapstronaut

You'll definitely be in my prayers. This thread has been a bit inactive lately, not sure why. To try and reinvigorate it, would anyone like to start another 7 day series of rosaries with me? How about starting Monday? We can pray for each other's recovery and growth in holiness. Feel free to substitute another form of prayer if you like.

20. Ambrose

Ambrose Fapstronaut

I'll join in the rosary thing, I've been really slacking at prayer lately.