1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer, Karate, Krav Maga or Tennis?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Austin88, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Hi fellow Fapstronauts,

Which would be better for me? I always wished I did soccer in high school but was too fat to do so, but am skinny now and wished I could play at a high skill level but at the same time want to become a black belt in Karate. Tennis on the other hand just wish I could serve properly and play well but don’t really enjoy that much seem too repetitive. Karate just seems like a whole way of life and time consuming with the rituals, meditation and stances when all I really want to do is learn basic self defense without all of the zen meditation crouching tiger mumbo jumbo. Krav Maga on the other hand I’m a tall dude and don’t want to be thrown on the ground all the time during training. Boxing and Mauy Thai - I want to avoid any kind of risk of getting hit in the head or bumping my head because I had a brain injury in the past. What are your experiences?

2. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Donc whatever you like the most.

Try them all 2-3 times, then stick to the ones you feel the best!

3. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

I would recommend something practical, such as brazilian jiu jitsu.

FX-05 and Tibo87 like this.
  4. Just try it. Judo is nice too btw and even if it looks dangerous it is one of the safest martial arts.
    About tennis the reality is different of what you imagine, its really competitive and no point is the same than the previous one.

5. Soccer is pretty fun, all you need is a ball. Have you ruled out all other martial arts?

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I'd choose the martial arts.

Yep u do likes this.
  7. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I had a few basic Krav Maga classes a couple of years ago. It's basically the "art" of beating up someone, without much or any philosophical mumbo jumbo. I don't recall tall guys in the class having any more difficulty than the other guys.

8. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

I played football (soccer) all of my life being English it's in my dna. It really is great, perfect combination of skill and athletism. Also if you have an interest in it, transferring the passion off the pitch and supporting a team is also great. Its a common conversation point in the UK and Europe.

I started combat sports later on and feel these are great for you. Even if you wanted non-contact, turning up at a gym and taking in that more masculine environment puts that testosterone in your veins to good work. You don't have to be macho, it's just a place where everyone can get together and release some stress, hitting a heavy bag does wonders... Your leave the gym feeling a bad motherfucker, irregardless of whether you are or not, but that does not matter. So I would advocate both of those. You could always do a 5 a side game on day in the evenings a week then go to a boxing gym one day a week maybe 2/3... Give them all ago, see what one takes your fancy