1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

You have no other options but to continue moving forward. You can’t drop out without really betraying yourself.

It took you 29 years to get where you are. It will take time to change.

Every step you make towards the person you want to be changes your trajectory. Get up and let’s see some digits on that timer!

2. I know you will be back on track soon. :)

DriverPaul and GottaBFree like this.
  3. I agree. This is a process of developing new habits. It takes time and practice.

DriverPaul and GottaBFree like this.
  4. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. And look at that. Counter now says 1. I’m going to bed while it stays that way lol.

5. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I need to reset my counter, too. I got into a funk one day and I followed a familiar path to hide from the pain. Next time, I'll follow the better path, the one I've created for myself many times. The one I've been on before for over 140 days in a row. (That's why I know I'm going to be all right. )

6. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Keep fighting @GottaBFree. Let's do this together, ok?

artifact, GottaBFree and bold0101 like this.
  7. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Caved yesterday. I feel stupid because I know those urges pass and only get stronger if I feed them. I'm optimistic though, 67 days is almost DOUBLE my previous best streak after trying this for almost 3 years, and as long as I don't cave in again, I can get right back where I was. I want that 90!

artifact, GottaBFree and WilBil99 like this.
  8. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

No doubts you can hit 90 @bold0101! Congratulations on your new high, 67 is mighty impressive!

9. Too bad there’s no “5 second rule” in no PMO! Don’t despair brother, just keep on keeping on.

10. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Wednesday check in. 14 days - that's 2 weeks. Feeling very pleased with myself. Admittedly I was on a family holiday for most of that, but there have been times when I could have secretly looked at P and I didn't. Onwards!

11. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

A good day. I got lots done today.

12. Day 6. Hey friends, this is a positive check in, although I fell last Friday night which was slightly disappointing, all is not lost and I am still on the straight and narrow path. I had one release only and it involved P. I just fell into a moment of weakness and gave into my flesh. God has not condemned me, rather forgiven me graciously and I have made the wise decision not to binge or crawl back into the pit of my carnal desires, which was my previous (stuff up) behaviour. There’s a difference between falling, getting back up, dusting yourself off and continuing to following Jesus when he’s right in front of you, versus falling, digging a pit and camping in sin when Jesus is already a 3 day hike ahead of you. All of us are at different proximity points to Christ, some are 1 metre away from the touch of His garment and some are a few days hike away. We can’t afford to lag far behind, we must take up our Cross and follow Him – preaching to myself also. Proverbs 24:16. It was a one off and I intend to keep it this way knowing what I have come through thus far and what God is doing in my life. Usually the enemy would pummel me with depression, negative thoughts, anxiety, give me a shovel and convince me to get comfortable in my dark pit, however I have not experienced this.

I have realised more that God is not looking for flawless perfection, in saying that, we must never abuse his Grace (which is what I have done many times before, just not realising it and being completely blinded by lust and adultery.) He just wants us to make the decision to quickly dust ourselves off and come back to Him after falling. I have come back to the Cross and have repented. I feel I can go long distance again as God has been doing amazing things and is definitely evident in my life.

Hope your all remaining strong and stable,

Blessings.

bold0101 and artifact like this.
  13. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

The last couple of days have been like night and day compared to Monday. Getting re-engaged here and putting the necessary effort back into my recovery has been the difference. Thanks gents for the support add another 24 hours PMO free.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  14. Nice Work getting right back on track. I think this is so important but also so difficult. Keep going forward!

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Good job man. Get more days like that now.

GottaBFree likes this.
  16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Somebody hit 60 days today... Congrats! And good luck with the continued progress.

bold0101 likes this.
  17. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I look forward to being able to bounce right back if I fall. I think that’s a great sign of progress.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  18. Thanks buddy! Stay strong

GottaBFree likes this.
  19. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut