1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did you take a gap year before college?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Demure_Dreamer, Aug 15, 2019.

1. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Yeah, they’re definitely common here. At least half of all people I knew did gap years, whether through jobs or investments or whatnot, which is why claiming gap years are for “spoiled American kids” is just absurd lol.

2. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

I used to have a rest due this time

3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Over by us, unless you have a health-related exemption, you have to serve in the military for a certain period before you can get on with your life. I went to an institution that furthers religious studies during a period of 5 years minimum with the military service starting and finishing about halfway in. I just finished my fifth year and I'm planning on continuing at least for another year, so yeah, I'm still in my gap. I've found that this period of time really strengthens your character, helps you mature and shape your worldview. I think it would be strange to go to college straight after highschool, when, as a highschooler, you aren't all that focused on setting out into "the real world" (and yeah, I think most of us were pretty immature in highschool).

Demure_Dreamer likes this.
  4. Offtopic posts has been downed.

Reminder. Please stay on topic, or start your own threads.

5. Lee741258963

Lee741258963 Fapstronaut

No I didn't
    I'm 35 now, kinda thinking I might go on an adventure

6. Advocate109

Advocate109 Fapstronaut

I wanted to but im glad i didnt because i probably wouldnt have gone if i did