1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop being emotional?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by HegHeu, Aug 16, 2019.

1. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

So i grew respecting every fking being and pleasing everyone but i dont want to be a guy like that i want to not care about others and what they think. Apparently my pleasing mind is affected emotionally and i cant focus on my bigger much bigger life goals.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  2. Build self esteem, self discipline, and just stop pleasing people. Look at yourself in the mirror. Say what to yourself what you don't like about that reflection.

Coffee Candy and HegHeu like this.
  3. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

This story helped me: when you fly in a plane, the airhostess says in case of emergency first wear your own oxygen mask and then help others.

I start my day my going to gym (by investing in myself). First look after yourself. Please yourself. It'd be great if you find a friend or two. But look after yourself first, and then whatever remaining energy you have, you can think of pleasing others.

It's ok to want to please others, but I try not to make that my primary objective/goal.

Mr. Paudel likes this.
  4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

You ARE an emotional being, you are not a rational/logical being. To be less "emotional" externally you first need to live your emotions, express them, let them be part of your life, experience your emotional states and learn to navigate your emotional life. You are emotionally immature because you are disconnected from your emotions.

Do this exercise and I believe you might feel better after a while:
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...g-with-negative-emotions.235876/#post-2091926

5. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Meditation. Find something you really enjoy doing and do a lot of it. Your mind will be to occupied with thinking about that thing to worry about what others are thinking.

6. "When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me."
    - Steve Maraboli

7. IvanRT

IvanRT Fapstronaut

The question is why you are pleasing people.
    Do you respect yourself enough?
    If you don't want to please them then don't do it. Show yourself some respect. Treat your soul better than you have been.
    I don't please people for something I may get from them but act kindly just because I want them to be happy, that's all.
    Do what you want. Let people talk.

8. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with being emotional, I think your issue is with your self image. There isn't a quick fix to it, you just need to start working on small things every day that improve your self esteem. Work out, do nofap, read, learn, you are here to improve yourself after all.

9. If there is something wrong with you that you want to fix...you need raw self talk in your life. Its not as a way of putting yourself down.