1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

420 (blazin’!) days: Change Your Perspective!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MLMVSS, Aug 12, 2019.

1. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Well... I’m terrible at expressing my feelings to people, and most of my posts on here are me being a trolling arse, but I suppose I should be real and make a sincere post, in case it helps anyone.
    I’m a writer... sort of. Among other things, I delve into poetry a little bit, and I try to capture my thoughts nearly every day by writing.
    I was looking back and found one of them written in June 2018 just before starting this streak. I was trying to give myself encouragement during this time. Honestly, I wasn’t thinking much about it at the time, but by rereading it, it made me think and reevaluate everything:

———————
    I'm a failure and unloved

So don't you dare try to convince me that

I'm successful

That I'm loved

Every time I wake up

I always remember

That I'm a useless weakling

That no one loves me

So whenever people say

I still deserve love

I deserve happiness

I know all those aren't true

I'm unworthy of love

I'm not good enough

I'm a waste of space

I'm nothing

And nothing can convince me that

I actually do have use

Because I always think

Am I as useless and a waste of space as people think I am?

———————-
    This poem focuses not on love and acceptance, but on perspective.
    To see what I mean, read it from the top down.
    Hopeless, aye?

Now, read it from the bottom up.

Do you want depression and angst, or do you want happiness and joy? Then change your perspective.

Over these 420 days, I realised the largest change I needed to make was my change in perspective. Like how reading top-down in a habit, so too was my PMO addiction that I needed to break. I needed to go from the bottom up, no matter the struggle. I needed to change from being a failure to being successful.

My tip: every change in action needs a change in perspective, which needs a change in heart. Change won’t occur overnight, and failure will occur on the long road, but true failure only comes if the negative perspective never changes.

Don’t focus on the mistakes. Focus on learning from those mistakes.

Don’t focus on a reset as the end. Focus on a reset as one of the many crossroads to success.

Don’t be slothful; be vigilant.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. dam right well said

MLMVSS likes this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Congratulations!

MLMVSS likes this.