1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Masturbation and Bodybuilding?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Deleted Account, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Hey everyone.
    This is a topic for anyone that does weight lifting or bodybuilding. But I'd just like to start off that I've been lifting ever since late August of 2018. I got myself a personal trainer and started going to the gym, I am usually lifting at least twice a week or three times a week. I'm usually eating around 2,500 calories a day, possibly more some days. I tried to track macro's for a bout two months but that didn't really show any real results for me. I've been struggling to gain muscle or have a 6pack.

It bugs me because I do masturbate from time to time, especially when I'm in a streak phase after about 5-7 days. The real problem I'm having is that I'm not seeing gains as I thought I would have or either I'm under training. Secondly I feel like maybe I'm not seeing gains because of my masturbation habit. I could be wrong, but I always feel more confident and my mind is clear after a work out. After all this time I am seeing a little bit of gains, but not exploding bulk gains. It just annoys me because I am putting in allot of work lifting, but not seeing the results..

I'm wondering if anyone has any expertise of this situation or can give me some helpful tips? I feel like stopping lifting as I'm just still pretty slim a little bit, but I don't give up that easily..

2. I have been having these issues such as not being able to gain muscle or weight since I have become a teenager. I have started bodybuilding at June of 2017. I would like to advice you to stop masturbating in order to gain enough muscle mass. Masturbating burns calories needlessly and slowers your physical progress. Keeping the semen fluid inside your body will speed up your bodybuilding and weight gaining progress.

3. User_0132

User_0132 Fapstronaut

Hello,

I have been bodybuilding for about 3 years now and i've gained about 30 pounds of muscle throughout my journey while keeping a relatively low bodyfat.

Unfortunately, there is no shortcuts or magic answers when it comes to train naturally. While it can negatively affect other areas of your life, I assure you that masturbating as no effect of gaining / losing muscle (unless you masturbate 8 hours a day and forget to eat but that is pretty extreme).

Gaining muscle is a VERY slow process and if you want to see gains right away, you won't stick around bodybuilding for long. You have to enjoy "the grind" and most importantly you need to love training.

As for some tips, if you want to gain muscle you need to be in a caloric surplus. You don't have to track your calories, but if you see on the scale that you don't gain weight after a month, juste eat more (and eat enough protein). A good rule of thumb is to gain 1-2 pounds per months so you don't get too fat.

Keep in mind, if you are bulking, you are likely not going to have visible abs. You need to cut (be in a caloric deficit) in order to have abs, but you should always prioritise lean bulking while building a proper foundation by doing the main exercices (squat, bench, deadlift and OHP). Progressively overload on those exercices (add a few pounds / reps as the weeks go by) and try to hit your muscles at least twice a week (so if you can only train 2-3 times a week, do fullbody workouts).

Best of luck and if you have anymore question, do not hesitate.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019

4. To be honest man I do love the training and I want to continue it. It is just a little irritating not seeing the progress. I was doing a 5x6 from what my trainer taught me for a while and I just started to do neurological overloads. To go a little more n depth with my workouts I also had some personal coaching and I'm doing cardio every other day and abs to burn at least 350cal during one cardio session. I'm also super setting the abs until failure usually 3 rounds. My diet is pretty healthy, I eat allot of avacados and rice with honey. I also eat allot of salmon. If you don't mind me asking how many repetitions are you doing and what are your workouts like?

Nasyb likes this.
  5. User_0132

User_0132 Fapstronaut

Currently I do more high reps stuff because I am recovering from an injury. Otherwise I would recommend to do low reps on the big exercices (sqaut bench deadlift OHP), like 5 to 8 reps and progressively become stronger on those. For other stuff, like side delts or arms, you can do higher reps (10 to 12) to feel the pump better. I usually do a push pull leg program so each day I do one big exercise and I focus progressing on it. If you become stronger on those lift, you are gonna get bigger.

Best of luck !

6. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

Gaining muscles is a slow process , your only on 1 year , dont get rush

I ve being doing exercise for 3 years and i dont have a bodybuilder type of body , altough im not slim, im with 80 kg (started with 65kg and im 1.78) and i have good shoulders and in general good body but i dont have a ripped bodybuilder type of body , it is a slow process and by these 3 years im training almost all days and since my last year even training twice a day (gym and bjj) , but i dont have a bodybuilder type body

You need to be pacient , and enjoy the process

7. Beingcowboyishard

Beingcowboyishard Fapstronaut

D
    How to lose weight without counting calories???

8. User_0132

User_0132 Fapstronaut

In order to lose weight you need to be in a caloric deficit. If you dont track your calories, I would suggest eating dense food that fill you up such as lots of veggies and lean protein. Don't cut carbs completely but reduce them (pasta, rice, potatoes...). After a month, jump on the scale and if you did not lose weight, you need to eat less.

9. Hi, I've been off this site for quite a few months and this is my first day back. I was just going to look around but couldn't pass up the opp to meet some new "jugheads". LOL I'm 75 and started working out in 1980 at about age 35. I'm 170 lbs. and still get hit on. I use to work out with lou farigno and new most of the greats at the World Gym in Venice. That's my story and man it was fun. What Lou taught me is if you want to get big, the best way to do it is to work out at least once a day and twice before a competitions. Always do 5 sets of everything 12 reps/set, and progressive weights of course. Try to break your body up in quarters so you will be working your whole body twice a week and not have to much pain or stress after each session. Forearms get it everyday. That's your connection to the weight, and need it. So, EAT, PUMP, SLEEP and that's all. I eat mostly beef and fruit, because cows eat all the veggies in their grass. So, I think 85% ground sirloin is the way to go. I never count calories...it's boring. I use a kitchen scale and, to lose weight I eat 25% less than my balanced point. To gain I eat 25% more. Look up Stan Efferding's story for the best advice. As far as masturbation goes, what they say is true. It will screw up your hormones, and consequently your motivation, thinking and discipline. So, follow the advice here to stay straight. Anything I can do to help here...I'll try.

Livermore90 and MNViking like this.
  10. levent722

levent722 Fapstronaut

It takes years to notice a difference.