1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Rebooting Give You Initiative?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by muterabbit, Aug 9, 2019.

1. muterabbit

muterabbit Fapstronaut

I’m a shy guy, and when it comes to meeting anyone, I tend to be very passive. Rather than me walking up to people and starting conversations, it’s almost always the other way around. I lost my virginity because one of my lady coworkers made pretty much all the first moves. Nothing like that’s ever happened when I’ve rarely taken the initiative.

I know men are generally expected to be the ones to get the ball rolling, and I’ve always wanted to be normal, to meet that expectation like a lot of guys seem to, but I’ve just never had a natural inclination towards that. Then again, I’ve been doing PMO ever since I entered puberty. Has anyone noticed that rebooting has given them the ability to approach ladies? I currently have no coworkers interested in me and no other options for the convenience of proximity.

2. Until now, no. I don't feel different in that regard.

But what I can say is I don't care as much as before.

3. muterabbit

muterabbit Fapstronaut

Do you mean you have less interest in approaching women, or that you’re less concerned about the outcomes of approaching women?

4. I have less need to approach a woman. Maybe because I generally avoid women at the moment. I can't say for sure. Maybe my sexual instinct is just stabilizing. Or maybe it's just the infamous "flatline", could also be.

My aim is to search for a girlfriend after the 90 days of "hardmode". But I can also imagine extending it to 180 days if I feel it's still too early or if I lack motivation. It also could be this is just my "normal state" and everything before was more or less imaginary. Time will tell me.

Do I want the ability and the confidence to approach women? Absolutely!