1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What language should i learn?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 30, 2019.

1. I know a lot of us recommend languages for jobs and work but I would say you should learn the language of the culture you’re interested in. I think that will help a lot in sustaining the motivation to continue with your studies if this is something you’re doing in your spare time.

In short, learn the language you like the most!

2. Breadman

Breadman Fapstronaut

Latin as it is the root of many western languages and helps to decipher the meanings often of words you don’t already know.

3. As an Ethiopian I feel inclined to say Amharic lol it took me 3 years of living in Ethiopia during my childhood to speak the language fluently

Ghost in the Shell likes this.
  4. Hikerboi780

Hikerboi780 Fapstronaut

I've studied Ecclesial Latin for some time throughout high-school and college and it is beautiful. It helped me understand my own English better. It isn't directly practical if you want to use it for jobs or to speak it, though I find correlations between Latin and coding. There are very few forums besides Catholic Church where you can even speak Latin in general and really get a good feel for it. :)