1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dinosaurs and the Holy Bible

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Are dinosaurs biblical?

1. yes, they clearly fit into the biblical scriptures

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. no, the theory of evolution provides a better explanation

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. I'm still on the fence about it

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. You're just misunderstanding me. Yes, that ability is at our disposal, but it is obviously only there because of God's power, not our own power. That's all I'm saying. What I'm saying is completely Biblical.

Yeah, dude. That's literally exactly what I'm saying. I don't understand why you're disagreeing with me on this.

Obviously. But the power comes from God, which was my entire point. I don't create light by flipping on a light switch. That's all I'm saying. None of what you're saying is contradictory to what I'm saying at all.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Don't worry, I had the same problem getting my point across. May be there is some language barrier we don't see. ;)

That's corporate Christianity full of BS. Now some testimonial:
    1. The charismatic didn't know: He just lied hand on from the rear seat of a car and wished "Get well!" with no intent to use a Spirit gift he didn't know yet about. It was the obvious comforting action across seat rows given the limited space inside a car.
    2. The sick person didn't know, just recovered quickly afterwards.
    3. God did the healing and told His Spirit-filled tool later. The healed person never learned about it (and didn't get told about until this day).
    Sounds much less spectacular, right? That's how the Lord likes it.

3. gaarzy

gaarzy New Fapstronaut

Dinosaurs, this is certainly fun, but speaking of the Bible, I have a more interesting question. Do you think the biblical worldview is outdated for our time? Or do we need to limit ourselves and follow the rules of 2000 years ago? Personally, I believe that the biblical worldview is a bit outdated for modern times.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. Well nobody follows the rules to the t and I suspect most didn't even at the time of publishing. However the spirit of the religion as described in the sermon on the mount is timeless and will probably never be outdated. The only thing I can think of that would make that way of life obsolete is immortality which isn't even in the lab yet if my information is correct.

5. Wow, I am in disbelief that a young person in the 21st century actually wrote this. It's terrifying actually.

CarP likes this.