1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark web?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 25, 2019.

1. does anybody here know anything about the dark web? Ive seen videos (not how to do it - idk how) on what it's like buying stuff from it. You can buy drugs, weapons, fake ID/passports, etc. Hell you can even hire contract killers, assuming they arent the police.

Has anybody have any knowledge on this?

I'm really 100% not interested in using the dark web, okay well 97%. If only buying anything (not surfing the dark web) is illegal i might take a look around.

I would be concerened about cops looking at it, criminal hackers hacking onto my laptop, cops stings if you ordered drugs or something, post office concerns, or ecen of youll get your package.

What if you order something and pay for it (via bitcoin), and the dude is like "fuck it, the dark web is untrackable, im not sending him anything" ? Is it an honor among theives type deal? I feel lile that wpldnt work bc drug dealers already rip eachother off in person.

It seems to be complicated. But at the same time, it seems to be reliable. Again, im more curious than interested. But weed dealers that i personally know get their supply in the mail. Idk if its dark web but its either that or just a package sent from their supplier

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

There was this crazy story I came across on Reddit where some guy went on the dark web and he got hacked and someone started sending him stuff like shovels and knives that were used in the murder. The police ended up searching his house and he was on the run.

3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

There's a brilliant podcast called Darknet Diaries. Not everything in it is about the dark web but it's one of the tech podcasts made. A lot of stories about hacking.

4. The thing with dark web is, you need to be careful with every single click. Use a vpn, so that your ISP cannot be traced. Go to a cyber cafe and not on your personal machine i guess.

5. I haven’t spent a lot of time on it. The most I’ve spent was with my cousin when he was buying stuff, which was probably two years ago. Basically the essentials to access the dark web are: TOR browser, VPN, and cryptocurrency as payment.

If I had to describe it I would say it’s like the biker bar of the internet.

6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

That's what happened in that story on Reddit. He went onto the dark web without a VPN and then got traced by this guy who started sending him all these weird objects.

7. I've never been on myself, but I use to watch someordinarygamers and takedownman on youtube, religiously.
    Here's what I know:
    -TOR (the Onion router) pings your IP all over the planet so you are almost completely anonymous. (you can get like 99.99% anonymity, but never 100)
    -someordinarygamers suggests that you don't run on windows, but on tails instead. He makes a couple videos talking about safety:

-looking at things is legal (unless its cp) but as soon as you try to buy drugs or guns or w/e you've committed a crime
    -a lot of those places are scammers (most hit men, drugs, guns, w/e) they'll just take your money. You would have to do a lot of research on these sources (either on the clearweb or other deepweb sites)
    -Before you ask, red rooms are myths. They don't exist.

8. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

The Dark Web is a pretty much a private area. While not everything there is illegal, the anonymity makes it a safe haven for illegal activity.

Unless you buy drugs, hire hitmen or find CP, accessing the Dark Web isn’t illegal, although without the adequate precautions you could be put on a suspicion list. Or you could also get nasty malware.

Especially paedophilia-related content. A study showed that 80% of Tor’s traffic to hidden accesses (although maybe 1% of overall traffic) were all related to paedophilia, CP or other crimes.

It’s not worth the risk imo. Nothing good ever comes out of the dark web.

onceaking and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Nine

Nine Fapstronaut

I have a funny story about the darknet, and how I had my first ever DMT trip because of a TV show about the darknet.

Years ago me and a friend of mine were both quite interested in psychedelics. We'd tried a few, but we were both really interested in DMT, after hearing how it was basically the most intense and life-changing psychedelic experience of the lot. We knew we had to get our hands on some. There was just one problem: Neither of us knew anyone who could get any.

So we thought we were out of luck. Until one day I was watching this TV show about drugs. In the episode I was watching, they were talking about that website that used to exist on the darknet, Silk Road. It's now shut down, but it still existed at the time, and the people in the show wanted to see if it was the real deal. So for an experiment in the show, they ordered DMT from a Silk Road seller. They even said the name of the specific seller they used. Then, the DMT arrived, and they tested it and confirmed that it was real DMT.

They basically showed in the show exactly how to order DMT, and even gave the name of the person to order it from. My mind was blown. So I sent the episode to my friend, he watched it, and a week later he ordered us some DMT from that very same seller they used in the TV show. Sure enough it arrived, and that was how I got to try DMT.

My tripping days might be behind me now (not that I have anything against it if it's your thing, I just no longer feel the need to trip), but I still always get a kick out of telling that story. Still makes me chuckle that me and my friend found a source for DMT because of a TV show.

10. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I’ve browsed the dark web a couple times. I've never bought anything off of there or anything but I have some knowledge of how sites like Silk Road work. They keep each other honest using reviews. Silk Road was also tightly policed by their admins. But now Silk Road is gone and the imitators aren't as reliable from what I understand. Plus having packages sent through the mail can add charges if you're ever caught. I just read a story about a guy who got busted buying stamps for his packages.

https://qz.com/1654518/a-dark-web-drug-ring-came-crashing-down-thanks-to-stamps-com/

The technology behind it all is actually pretty cool and has a ton of legitimate uses. Unfortunately, right now the dark web is used mainly for committing crimes.

11. what's a redroom?

12. why would people sell/buy legal things in the darkweb vs the regular web?

13. What are these uses?

14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Because they're libertarians.

15. It was like a live streaming type thing where people could watch as someone was tortured and killed. People watching would send money to bid on what would happen to the victim. I use to believe they were out there, but someordinarygamers explained that it's almost impossible to live-stream off the deep web. You can get regular videos, but it's tough to live stream when your IP is being pinged all over the planet. Even on the lowest quality videos, it still wouldn't really work.

16. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Ok so I have no interest in getting on the dark web...But just out of curiosity, how do you access it?

17. I wouldn’t risk it, not only are there so many viruses and hackers on there, you won’t find much good and rather mostly random links that go to really disturbing stuff. Not to mention a lot of most folks that use it get flagged if they’re not using VPN’s/Tor and such to hide their identity, it makes sense I guess because why would a normal person need to use it?

I took a gander on there for the tiniest bit and have zero interest in ever going back, that’s what I get for being curious I guess.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  18. Transmute Suffering

Transmute Suffering Fapstronaut

I'm quite familiarized with the dark-web. In my past, I've used it to purchase LSD and marijuana. It has allowed me to experiment with psychedelics I would've never had access to in my social network. Honestly, I love it for the access to psychedelics only. They changed me for the better.

It's legitimate, at least for drug purchases. The dealers operate as vendors on marketplaces, and have reviews on their profile (similar to yelp reviews for a restaurant). Reputable dealers actually have decent customer service, and in most cases, will offer you a refund or replace your product if you're not satisfied. It's quite safer than purchasing drugs from a dealer in person, as if in the rare scenario your package got confiscated by law enforcement, you possess plausible deniability as anyone can send you anything in the mail.

The bitcoin is held within an escrow service provided by the marketplace (essentially a middleman holds the bitcoin until the drug/service/item has been delivered to the purchaser). This way, the bitcoin cannot be scammed.

I'd argue that if someone where keen on purchasing illicit substances, I'd recommend the deep web from reputable vendors. You're product is likely to be more safer and clean (as previous customers can leave their personal reviews about the product).

You don't know the dealer, and they don't know who you are. It's much better that way. When ordering, you can also use a fake name, or even a post office box registered to a random company name, and send it to there under a fake company/business name). That way, you're completely anonymous.

19. Thats kinda awesome tbh

They got peyote on there?

20. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Some things are cheaper on the black market than they are when legally obtained. Some things are also legal in their own right yet illegally obtained. In some places where weed is legal but overtaxed, for example.