1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tired and lack of energy help

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anagram, Jul 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Anagram

Anagram Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, for the past couple of months I've been becoming more tired, sleepy, and unmotivated. This is despite the fact that I have been getting like 9-13 hours of sleep every day. Not only that, but my sleep schedule is extremely inconsistent. Any advice as to what I can do to increase energy, will nofap help with this?

2. Rehab_warrior

Rehab_warrior Fapstronaut

Hello Anagram,

I find sleep to be one of the most important things in the world.

Some have a gift to it, some don't...

If you want to increase your energy, and your mental discipline/motivation, I strongly suggest you'd try and better your sleep quality ?

There are TONS of good advices on this site : https://www.sleepassociation.org/

I hope this will help you :)

Stay brave bro

3. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Over sleeping can be just as exhausting as under sleeping. Set an alarm and wake up at the same time every day.

Hros and Kiz Whalifa like this.
  4. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Why are you even asking the question, you know the answer. Get 8 hours everynight at the same time

5. Anagram

Anagram Fapstronaut

Thanks for the information and kind words.

My sleep schedule has been severely messed up since senior year of high school. I've tried but ultimately failed on a few occasions to start a consistent sleep schedule. The schedule usually pans out for a few days, but then I slowly but surely keep pushing back my schedule. Then I end up trying to just get a shit ton of sleep in hopes that it'll compensate for my crappy schedule.

Yeah, I guess you're correct, it's just that the answer isn't easy as most things are.

Alright, I'm going to take some melatonin and lay off the phone for a few days to try to fix this schedule. I think I just productive hobbies that don't involve my phone. I'll come back in a few days to report my situation.

6. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Take it from someone who also has sleep problems, over-sleeping doesn't really compensate for lack of sleep. Get into a regular sleep schedule of 7.5-8 hours, and consider maybe taking a short half-hour nap later during the day.

Anagram likes this.
  7. Anagram

Anagram Fapstronaut

Yeah I was foolish enough to think it would.

Honestly, I have never been able to nap for just 30 minutes, regardless of my sleep schedule. I end up on my bed for like an hour without having taken a nap. Then when I do fall asleep I end up sleeping for like a couple hours and then waking up worse than before. Alright, I'm going to sleep, night.

8. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Happens to me as well. Better to not nap then, or maybe just for an hour or so.
    Well, good luck.

9. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

The answer is easy. Just stop being a bitch and get some sleep

Rehab_warrior likes this.