1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meaning in life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Does anyone else find their life completely meaningless?

I woke up. Went to the gym. Made my lunch. Went to work... Really didn't have much to do today at work.. left.. ordered a pizza. Had a beer and that's about it.

And then you're going.. omg again tomorrow fml...

2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I find that religion gives my life meaning. You could try that.

3. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

I was thinking joining the army last year.

I still think doing that sometimes. Because like you I find my life meaningless.

I want to be the hero of my own story, not the spectator.

4. Yes ive looked at that.. actually a while ago.. I have an old Injury that would disqualify me.

I don't really want to start a family to just find meaning...that's one of those things that usually ends up backfiring

5. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

@WayIare Sorry about that. Are you doing any kind of sport ?

You can have your own family when you already find your own place and meaning in life I guess. And the girl you love obviously .

I think we need a goal that about it. What do we want to do ? What is our dream ? If we have that, I guess it's a meaning.

6. rafael33

rafael33 Fapstronaut

There was only one reason for me to come into this world: I wanted to be happy.
    No other "meaning" required. :)

7. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

You need God's GRACE to fulfill you. Go hear the good news !

jk243 likes this.
  8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I know the feeling. Sometimes life seems so pointless. I get up, have breakfast, work and then have dinner and then sleep and repeat the same thing day after day after day after day. Its funny people are bringing up Christianity and religion as a way to offer meaning but that's not necessarily true. I'm a Christian and still, at times life seems meaningless. There actually a book in the Bible about how meaningless life is so that shows religion doesn't necessarily bring meaning to life.

I've heard it said being involved in community projects or charities where you help people can bring meaning. There's this app called helpfulpeeps where people request things they need help with like gardening and moving house and people can respond to the request and help the person.

Another thing you could is try to change your schedule or try something different. Like instead of ordering pizza cook something you've never eaten before. Instead of the gym maybe go for a run. Maybe you start a side hustle.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019

9. I feel this all the time. Some times I feel as if I'm just being used as working freight at a supermarket. But I try to enjoy myself and who I'm with. I also go to the gym and work on eating healthy etc... Been weight lifting since Last summer. People around me are getting married or either taken and I just feel as if its just a normal part of society. But I feel as if there just taking the high road of what everyone wants to see. But I mean I respect them for what ever makes them happy.
    I haven't had a real relationship in a long time and feel as if god has something more meaningful I need to do with my life well before that happens..

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

When you think you've got a problem and your life is full of doubt
    Remember in the scheme of things your life just doesn't count
    To you a leaf may seem quite small but to an ant it's ten feet tall
    It's hard to be objective so we'll offer some perspective
    You think there's nothing greater than the planet you call Earth
    But Earth can seem quite skinny next to Neptune's mighty girth
    'Cause when you think you got a problem if you're thinner or you're fatter
    Remember in the scheme of things your life just doesn't matter
    Now the sun can make us al feel small cause he's the biggest of us all
    But that just in the Solar System bigger things than that exist
    The Milky Way, the galaxy and don't forget the universe
    That's just the ones we know about, they're huge compared to you or us
    You're tiny and you're minuscule, irrelevant, a speck
    Upon the dark side that rock you're just a measly little fleck
    Your life may last a century on Earth or maybe quicker
    But up here a hundred years is just a flash, a blip, a flicker
    So when you think you got a problem and your life is full of doubt
    Remember in the scheme of things your puny, little, tiny, weeny, meager, futile, worthless, teeny, boring, foolish, pointless, minimal, wretched, gloomy, bleak and pitiful life just does not count.

11. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

I read a quote that helped me:
    As we grow older we realize, life has no answers, only stories.

I don't believe I have some purpose in life. Nor is my purpose to be happy all the time. I'd then be seeking candy or attention and maybe be a very shallow person. Maybe I'd like to be content and healthy, but not always excited and happy.

There may not be some universal truth or some 7 rules to live life.

onceaking likes this.
  12. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Meaning is relat-ive, that's why you need to look to relat-ionships for it.

We have this workaholic culture, which is why even working with our health doesn't really do it. Healthy social relationship doesn't follow a simplistic linear trajectory, it's not standardized - because life and liberty is not standardized.

13. Nothing is more true than that.