1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Multiple Choice Question About Your Social Life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by distant_call, Jul 4, 2019.

Have you been more succsessful with social interaction after starting NoFap?

1. Yes, much more

24.0%
  2. Yes

28.0%
  3. No

8.0%
  4. No, much less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I haven’t noticed any difference/I don’t know

40.0%
  1. distant_call

distant_call Fapstronaut

I hope you have the time to answer
    Best regards,
    Distant

2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I have, to some extent. I find myself working up the courage to talk to more people - both people that I know but hadn't spoken to much and to people that I don't or barely know.

distant_call likes this.
  3. distant_call

distant_call Fapstronaut

Well, if you have an introvert personality it is common not to make friends easily. So you talk more with your close friends? Maybe that is what is most important?

4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I am an introvert. Thankfully, I do have several close friends and a number of other friends that are less close. I agree that it's important to maintain those friendships, but it's very hard for me to interact with other people, something that's also very important for life. That's why I'm very appreciative of my current progress.

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

No, not even on lengthy streaks of several hundreds of days.o_O The reason is because I have serious and enduring mental health diagnoses that cause social anxiety. So, it will remain an issue for me regardless of whatever progress I make here.

6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

i fear that this can be the same case with me

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

8. keepitreal-88

keepitreal-88 Fapstronaut

I'm not sure about positive but definitely different. In general I'm louder, more opinionated and talk with more certainty, some of the people I know start treating me with more respect or defer to me more then they usually would, however some other people I know become more subtly hostile towards me like I'm offending them in some way. I'm quite introverted and could do with improving my social skills because I'm not sure I calibrate particularly well with the different people I talk to.

9. I definitely think over time since I started that I've taken more opportunities for social interaction. And I know I've sometimes enjoyed the interactions much more than I used to and made more interesting conversation by being honest and open-minded in communicating. But there's no real pattern to it, nowadays I still occasionally find myself shying away from social situations or just never knowing what to talk about. And it will be like that, you can't keep the same feeling or high for a long period of time. Sometimes you'll feel drained or lack confidence and sometimes you'll be full of it and a lot more sociable than usual.

10. I haven't really experienced a change when it comes to socializing. It was one thing that intrigued me when I did join NoFap. I've seen posts saying that they've experienced improvement in their social life and I've seen posts saying that they've not experienced any improvement.