1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Thank you. I have gone this long before but I have never gone 2 months or longer, so that is my goal, but I want to go even longer than that and see what kind of changes I see. I do feel well for sure, especially with adding an exercise routine into the mix.

Espi1971, persona2903 and NICEDUDE like this.
  2. Day 18. Hanging in there, had some pretty oppressive thoughts these past few days, but got to fight on and resist.

3. Hey artifact, it's been great seeing your posts and running along side you in this forum mate, don't be too disappointed, keep up the fight, the victory is yours. Thanks for managing this forum also.

4. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Thanks friend :)
    Check in monday

artifact and emanuel_free like this.
  5. Dbot

Dbot Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group, is there space?

artifact likes this.
  6. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Hi this is a special day I've made it to 30 days. Many things have changed, and as I always say many things that I've to change yet. 30 days It's a beginning not an end.

How I made it? Not easy. I've been reading Psalm 119 and I think that unconsciously I did what Psalm 119.101-104 (ESV) says :
    I hold back my feet from every evil way,
    in order to keep your word.

I do not turn aside from your rules,
    for you have taught me.
    How sweet are your words to my taste,
    sweeter than honey to my mouth!
    Through your precepts I get understanding;
    therefore I hate every false way.

No, I didn't do it perfectly. I did hold my feet back from evil ways, but I need to do it more. To be strong enough to love more and enjoy more the Word of God. I do hate the false ways of P M but not enough. I've to work hard on every aspect of this.

Since I'm on a part of my way that I don't know yet, like Israel crossing Jordan I'll put God in front of me as they did putting the ark and letting Him be the guide (Joshua 3). Now is time to go further to sanctify myself more to God (Joshua 3.5).

As I walk I'll pray with Psalm 119.133 -136 (MSG) :
    Steady my steps with your Word of promise
    so nothing malign gets the better of me.
    Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women
    so I can live life your way.
    Smile on me, your servant;
    teach me the right way to live.
    I cry rivers of tears
    because nobody’s living by your book!

It's my pray that we can do it better, that God steady the steps of all of us through His Word of promise. Because this sin has taken so much blessings from us, so much good times and love with the people God has put there to love us. We don't want let this sin to take the best of us. May we are the ones who live by God's Book and not errantly on unknown ways. On Jesus name. Amen.

7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Go head @artifact ! We are going to change the only thing we can change: the present to have a better future ... because the past is over
    See you and thank you for keeping this very useful forum!

artifact and William Wallace like this.
  8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 51 on monday. Again a very busy but nice weekend.
    The distrust in my own strength makes me be cautious, I know that the desire of PM is a latent enemy that can be "activated" with some triggers. I still do not know what all these triggers are, but one of them was the lack of objectives or feeling unhelpful or little recognized. I'm working on it, with God's help.
    I must say that I feel good, much clearer than when I was in PM. I hope to continue on this good path forever!
    Greetings to all!

9. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Checking in with a 12-day streak

persona2903 likes this.
  10. time2chage

time2chage Fapstronaut

Checking in.. First time in a very long time I am feeling positive that I can move forward. I started talking to a girl and she is supportive and hopefully, I will draw the strength from her and be the men she needs.

11. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

12. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Good place to start. I am with you on this.

time2chage and artifact like this.
  13. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Checking in Monday, new day, new week and new month...

14. blazer72

blazer72 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Spent the weekend at the lake and it was not very relaxing. My wife was pretty triggered worrying about all the other people at the lake.

artifact likes this.
  15. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Day 13 checking in, all ok here, apart from the dark clouds surrounding me. However, they are a little lighter than they were over the weekend. That’s a good sign.
    I’m back at that stage where P is disgusting me, good sign. But still feeling like I want more. I need to fill the empty void that removing P has left me.

16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

"I have read the rules and would like to join this group"

Is there room?

17. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in Tuesday..Oh Lord Grateful for keeping all of us well today!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    William Wallace and artifact like this.
  18. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Hi,

Can I join the group? I am 41, Christian.

Have a good day:)

AEC Josh2415 and persona2903 like this.
  19. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

20. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Check in Tuesday. Doing good today, though I've had a couple of urges to look. I know not to do it, I've believed the lie too many times that it won't hurt and got burned in the past.

persona2903 and artifact like this.