1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Empathy

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 29, 2019.

1. I lost all my Empathy and it scares me. I that kind of person who could feel sorry for others to a point where I always put other peoples needs before my own, and out of the blue today I feel no empathy for anyone or anything, its like a switch has been turned off and it is scaring the shit out of me, What could cause this? has this happened to anyone else?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

This happend to you just today?

3. yes today, I only feel angry and scared. More scared then angry though, im that type of person normally who I cant even play a bad character in a game, or do evil things in games cause it makes me feel like crap, but today i dont care about anything and its scary.

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Man, you do not feel bad about doing evil things in videogames? You're a madman!

We all have days like that, where you feel like trash, therefore nothing else matters. It will pass.

RainbowShell likes this.
  5. Empathy isnt feeling sorry for people. That's sympathy. Empathy is feeling as others feel. Maybe you lost touch with your own feeling or are numb to your own emotions. That can happen. I've felt it. PMO aggravates it, also feelings of hopelessness and apathy.

6. My poor choice of words my bad, yes correct, not what i meant to say though.

7. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Being tired and depressed does it for me. I shouldn't worry though, anything that integral to your personality won't be gone for long.

Deleted Account and RainbowShell like this.
  8. Thx guys, I do feel more like myself right now, hopefully tmr will be better.

9. PAWS strips me of my happiness, fun, and emotions, same thing when I’m also really tired it feels like my brain stops caring about everything important in my life.

The good news is that you don’t actually lose that part of you, no matter how crummy and rubbish your brain tries to make you feel. Just focus on the good stuff and try to keep your mind off of it, I know it’s hard mate but try not to worry about it.

RainbowShell and Deleted Account like this.