1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE DUELS OF NOFAP: NO PMO TOURNAMENT | OPEN FOR ALL

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by HiddenWarrior, Apr 2, 2019.

Have you beaten your record or improved your average noPMO since joining this?

1. Yes

281 vote(s)
    75.7%
  2. No

90 vote(s)
    24.3%
  1. I see it as an animalistic trait of us, like I said before we have a pure aspect which is the nafs (soul for lack of a better word) and the animal side. This animal side is parallel to the Id in Freud's model of the psyche. The Id is the source of a person's bodily needs, wants, desires, and impulses, particularly their sexual and aggressive drives. The id contains the libido, which is the primary source of instinctual force that is unresponsive to the demands of reality. The two main triggers for us I think are also external and internal, external factors you can change like instagram for example but internal is the harder trigger as it's related to emotions, memories and maybe even urges and boredom. For low streak people the thing that is hard to change is external, for people who are capable of reaching higher streaks and in my opinion further in their recovery phase it's the internal side which needs to be controlled.

I don't have a pet but I feel a real parallel in the way we are training ourselves (or in my opinion the nafs is training the animal side) into being subordinate to desires and like an animal we fail yet if we keep going it brings us closer to taming ourselves and so this is closer to purity which I think every person wants to achieve. We go back as we struggle to discipline either the body or the mind. Some people can easily do one but not the other. Another thing is learning that we always need to improve and not regress, even if we fail we need to make sure we don't cause our relapse in the same way of being triggered by the same thing, the same repetitive cycle which is a habit to the response of a trigger, because we need to improve on that and realise it will take time to do so. I still think the animal side of us, some more than others, needs to be fed so that's why we get wet dreams, some more than others. I think aswell society exploits this animal side more than anything especially with sex EVERYWHERE because it makes money appealing to something undisciplined in most people. That's my opinion but there could be more to be said.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  2. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
    You don't want to now. But you break. At that moment nothing else matters. You reduce yourself to an animal, like animals you only want to live in the present.
    Before you do PMO, you intend to do it. That's it. Why did you intend to do it if you didn't want to?
    Thoughts may not be in control, but its you who makes the intention for every action.

3. MONSTER MONK

MONSTER MONK Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Beautifully put

CoolBuddy7 and primordial-saiyan like this.
  4. will be an honour duel against you.. And shall the best win

primordial-saiyan likes this.
  5. I am absorbing as much energy from NoFap as it will take to beat you in this battle. Each day I become stronger. Leave the wet dreams at the door! haha

6. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

That's really a good answer, brother. So, I have to start working even harder to reduce the influence of all those external factors on me. I will see to that.

Got quite some thinking to do ! :rolleyes:

7. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

You will need the power.

Had a little panic attack, and to relieve stress, brain is triggerin me with an anxiety urge to relapse. Won’t do it. It is hard but irrational.

8. Eat some dark chocolate. Good for the brain so you can face me with a clear head!

9. Samkinto

Samkinto Fapstronaut

Am in day 3 I will soon reach day 5. Hope u can set me up with someone by then. I've gone 30 days before but I relapse so am on day 3 would like to join the duel. Pls @Saiyan123

10. Man it's so hard.
    but so am I
    (no pun intented)

I'll stay STRONG

11. :D good keep going through this hard phase.

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  12. Quiet day here, thinking deeply on why we decide to M all day. @MASTER MONK's words have resonated with me all day, we intend to M so that's why we do it and that's so true. I think there's a stage when you intend to M you can't control your body any longer and you become an animal completely, so this is why edging is bad too as you need to nullify risk of relapse. Also was thinking about our animalistic self and how M addiction is an example is societal failure yet we have to blame ourselves for being undisciplined and not society as once we change ourselves society would inevitably change also. Alcohol, cigarettes, gambling, drugs, lying, all are the enemies tools. The most powerful arguably sex. Why do we fail, is what I am thinking but the answer is obvious like master monk said. We intend to fail in the split second we inevitably see or feel a trigger instead of succeeding. I feel there's a misunderstanding in thinking for the new people who join nofap like I did that going on nofap will make you more normal. The norm in society is corrupt and probably not sexually disciplined so new people or anyone reading this should aim higher and become the elite. The monk is wise.

13. What are have you been up to in your holidays @CoolBuddy7? did you figure out what to spend time on in the holiday because I remember you saying you'd have a lot of free time.
    How is everyone aswell and up to anything interesting or just busy with work? @icelady , @Pedro.lives , @bluedragon9 , @Kratos_GOW, @Blue Sky7 , @TheGoldenEra , @Jefe Rojo @DekuHope , @Hardcandy , @TrueSaiyan, @Alex_Al ,@control your life , @King Ghoul Sstar, @Borntoshine33 , @Bascoal , @Turtleboi ? I know @BeastBoyBalling has exams now, wish you the best of luck on that but sounds like you'll ace them anyway.

14. Day 104/365...everything going all good

15. This is exactly why we need to stop this, so we don't pass this curse onto our next generation. It happens unconsciously. We say and do things that unknowing to us because we have gained a high tolerance to this BS but to an innocent persons can cause damage to them. We need to stand up for the next generation and keep them as innocent as we can for as long as we can.

16. I've never thought of it like this but this is an amazing way of looking at it, thanks for this because it's so true. We are warriors, all of us, fighting that's why we're here. I do think sometimes, I started at 12/13 i think and now my sister is that age and i'm so glad she goes boarding school with no phones so no access to internet. This is an interesting topic, internet and kids.

Deleted Account and Samkinto like this.
  17. daily check in.. Didn't gave up yet

18. I am OK, finally managed to cut cords with some people in my life regarding whom my gut told me "You're done with them". And I really felt deep inside me that I'm indifferent towards them now. Weekend was grieving process, now I am doing fine :) At work after holiday. Learning to trust my gut and my body. Regarding @BeastBoyBalling - there's a saying in Lithuanian (probably of Russian origin) "he/she is determined and destroys everything on his/her way as a tank in a battle", so my brother Beast is just like that, cool as a tank, I wouldn't worry too much about him :D
    @Saiyan123 regarding your family situation: I get that your father has lots of suppressed emotions inside him so maybe you could approach him and say you understand his anger and frustration. If that's all he would be willing to talk about - that's ok. Just tell him, dad whenever you feel like you want to talk to me about that, I'm here for you. I think it is important for him to be understood and accepted. It is the same for all of us. And maybe try to discuss things with your mother - not behind your father's back - just ask her to clarify things. It is not good to have this "invisible" elephant in the family I think.
    Yesterday I attended family constellation therapy seminar and had a chance to ask some questions. So oh boy there are so many underlying layers within the family system. Now I get that my father's wish to make a man out of me is very closely related to his sorrow and grief when two years after I was born my mother was pregnant with a boy and then he died in her womb maybe a month before labour date. That's one fact, another fact is that his mother had a child with a Polish military officer, he was killed in war and she was rejected by her own family (times were difficult and Russians could have killed the entire family because of the link with Polish soldiers) and had to live on her own and feed her child (his elder brother), so I was told he's unconsciously trying to protect me and give everything he can as a man so I will not have to suffer as his mother did. Really deep stuff. This allows me to accept my father as he is. And my mother as she is. Bc otherwise, if they were different, they would not have attracted each other and I would not have been born into this world. :)

19. Because we do not love ourselves and our bodies for that matter. Because when we struggle it is way more easier to jerk off/masturbate, drink, smoke, binge on food or on sex, speed, go shopping, use drugs - and the list goes on - and to numb our emotions and get dissociated from ourselves and from our bodies and then hate ourselves and mainly our bodies for how we feel afterwards. Instead of embracing ourselves and our bodies which are there for us even when we cause them to fall ill because of our crazy thinking and unsolved problems which we are too lazy to solve. In yesterday's seminar the lecturer told men are wired to develop their maximum potential outside their home, in the society whereas women are the ones who get to influence the family/home environment. Look what's happening in outside world: men are isolating themselves at home and jerking off in front of the screen whereas women are going outside, trying to be pretty acc to sexuality standards and hunt some men. Now that is pathetic. Really really sad.

20. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

I am out meeting relatives, it is actually fun and then once i get back self improvement is on again