1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use the ignore function? How much?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bombadil, Jun 22, 2019.

Do you use the ignore function to mute other users?

1. I don't use the function, I just ignore them in my head.

51.5%
  2. <10

42.4%
  3. <50

6.1%
  4. <100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 100+ I HATE EVERYBODY!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I'd just like it to be known that the word 'cockwomble' is the only thing that has made me smile today.

On-topic, I have had one complete rando message me with something very close to 'oh hey there, where are you from?'
    It made me feel incredibly paranoid and uncomfortable so I ignored it... I can only imagine the horrible messages women who use this forum receive. I actually don't want to imagine it at all.

Heh. Cockwomble.

Bombadil likes this.
  2. this is quite disturbing.. probably want to blame someone for his failures.. And he got the first chance.. Pretty ominous
    totally understand your point but still feeling sad about it.. I mean I assume you really like your avatar so it's good, but it's sound quite unfair that you you'll be harassed with a female one

speaking of thread.. I don't block anyone but it's part of character.. I don't like people getting away from being wrong with me(not in negative way, but you know if a person try to catfish me or something like this i would spend all my time to let everybody knows who is he)

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Why would that make you feel paranoid? You can reply, "I would rather not say". It seems unlikely that anyone could work out who you are from the country or continent you live in. I imagine they were just being friendly.​

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is extraordinary! o_O You have never seen me then. I am as ugly as f... :(

Oh I better not say that again! :rolleyes:

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Maybe you understand the word ugly differently. My dictionary just says, Ugly: Of unpleasant or unsightly appearance.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I normally use hyperbole to point out that is sarcasm, but after noticing how "peculiar" some members of the forum are, I can see how it can be hard to notice.

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

We agree! What’s unsightly appearance or ugly, is highly subjective.

Idiom: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Similarly, ugliness or an unsightly appearance is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's leave this here. I removed my original post anyway. :)

8. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

Out of sight, out of mind? That's probably why some people would use the ignore button. Particularly those who have had heated arguments and debates with others on the forum. Much to the point that's it been taken to a personal level.

Bombadil likes this.
  9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Maybe using different words would have been better.

Hmm... I usually think if people use the rolleyes they're annoyed.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

For the sake of you and the lady, that is true. But how could I foresee that just two people would hold your opinion? Smh.

11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

But surely you know using the f word is a powerful word? Or has fuck lost it's meaning?

12. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I think this is a very important point!

Although I don't use the ignore function myself, I defend those that do. It's good for the option to be there.
    I am making this comment on it so others will read it (not everyone goes back to read an entire thread). :)

13. Oh of course. I'm not in any way saying its women's responsibility to do that. I'm just saying if they really do want to limit that kind of attention, that might help. That's not why I chose my avatar, but it is why I don't have my gender listed on my profile.

14. Perhaps, but there was nothing wrong with what he said. He just said he thought an actor was ugly. There was no reason for everyone to get so annoyed about it. I think this whole situation was a major overreaction.

15. Omg, seriously, this is getting ridiculous. He called an actor ugly. He also edited his post just to appease the people who for some reason had a problem with it. Get over it. It's ridiculous how long this conversation has gone on.

16. I think you're overreacting.

17. of course but I found this sad.. That you had to.. can sounds like a cliché or a way to seem a better person but in these situation I kinda feel guilty for men in general.. I mean I'm here to be a better person and not addicted.. Could be a good start a civil conversation no matter the gender

Bombadil likes this.
  18. Cool. I don't really care what you think.

19. Cool. I have evidence for the contrary tho, namely this:

20. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yes I do. Maybe it has or maybe it hasn't. Do you mean to you and me or society as a whole?

This microanalysis of not only my opinion but the two words I used to express it is getting ridiculous!

I have deleted the... bloody thing. What else do you want from me? Is bloody OK or is it too powerful? Idk anymore! :(