1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mannerism on the 1st Date

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EXPONENTIALLY, Jun 22, 2019.

Your true good intention is appreciated.

1. Holding hands

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Arm over shoulders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Arm over hips

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Walking close to eachother

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

2. I don't understand. Are you asking what is appropriate to do on a first date? Or what I would do? What is the question here?

I would say it depends entirely on the person. If I'm going on a first date with a stranger, I'm going to act very differently than going on a first date with a good friend that I've known for years and have been interested in for a long time.

3. This depends on how comfortable you are with the girl and she is with you. She may like that kind of touching but if shes not comfortable with you and into you, the same kind of touching is going to be akward or creepy.

If you never hung out with the girl, keep the touching kind of conservative until she gets used to you or seems more comfortable before you try to put your arms around her.

4. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

I suggest you start with the first two you wrote perhaps:emoji_thinking:

I see that point, but then I find it awkward to walk side by side if I sense she wants me to touch her or whatnot :emoji_sweat_smile:

5. Just dont try to get all overtly sexual too fast. Let her get comfortable with you touching her before you try to get all affectionate. When you get close and she seems comfortable with the contact then kind of slowly progress. If shes not comfortable and pulls away back off and give it some more time.

If you just relax and focus on having fun and she will too. If you act all nervous and neurotic she will just feel all nervous and creeped out.

If things are going well and you get the opportunity to kiss her do it. It's better to get shut down than it is to miss an opportunity because you were too scared.

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Big part of that first date is gauging how much mutual interest you have for each other. Just be who you are and if she's the opposite, that sucks but at least you will find out quickly and the sooner you two can go your separate ways.