1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use the ignore function? How much?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bombadil, Jun 22, 2019.

Do you use the ignore function to mute other users?

1. I don't use the function, I just ignore them in my head.

51.5%
  2. <10

42.4%
  3. <50

6.1%
  4. <100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 100+ I HATE EVERYBODY!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

It turns out that I am developing a very low tolerance for online bullshit. There really are some very juvenile little wankers* on here sometimes. My ignore list has grown to 10 users I'd rather not hear from because their views cause me to haemorrhage IQ points. Does anybody else use this function, how long are your lists?

*both figuratively and literally

2. I only have one person ignored. It takes a lot to get on my ignore list. I don't block people unless we have repeated negative encounters that go far beyond disagreement (i.e. harrassment, bullying, blatant sexism and verbal abuse).

Basically, the only person I finally decided to officially block was someone I felt was not at all worthy of hearing from. Sometimes people have disagreements, but they can still have some valid points every once in a while. But if someone is just constantly harassing me and spouting sexist, hateful stuff, I don't see the point in having to see that crap.

3. I dont have anyone ignored, I guess I like the conflict. @Castielle Ive always found you to be a repectful person. Not sure why anyone would be a jerk to you.

4. @Bombadil give my love to Goldberry River-Daughter for her golden beauty is unsurpassed in this Old Forrest or any.

Bombadil likes this.
  5. Thanks man :) unfortunately there are some people who simply won't like anything I say, because I'm a woman with my own opinion. I've found those people aren't worth trying to reason with.

FormerFapaholic and Mr. McMarty like this.
  6. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

I’ve used it a couple of times probably. I get so many creepy messages from some male users here. Some of them won’t stop and the admins don’t see anything wrong. So I started ignoring them just to have some peace.

recon117, kropo82, Bombadil and 2 others like this.
  7. I have gotten at least one weird PM that seemed sexual in nature. i think it would be extra hard to be a woman on this site. afraid to block because i dont want to miss any content but again i enjoy the conflict.

Bombadil and SirErnest like this.
  8. I have seen a couple of people that are flirtatious or unpleasant so ignored them. There also must be some catfish on here.

Bombadil and Mr. McMarty like this.
  9. One Strong Girl

Sometimes they seem normal but then things get a bit uncomfortable. Like asking multiple times about my real identity even after telling them I don’t like to share it on here. One user kept asking me how many times I relapsed and how. Some would just message us saying they are horny or just relapsed lol.

I just don’t reply to most of them the moment I feel uncomfortable, but if they kept messaging me over and over, I’ll use the ignore function.

10. I use to, but with all the self-improvement I've been doing, things don't really get to me as much. It just sort of rolls right off my shoulders. I did get a series of messages from someone who was clearly a sex addict. I was only a few days into my current streak and I basically just acted dumb the whole time.

Bombadil and SirErnest like this.
  11. I gave them the old "Perhaps you should repent of your sin" routine.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Sounds very wise. It must feel a bit like an extreme sport, being a lady on here. I can imagine that trying to get better, while surrounded by guys who have bad online habits already must be a bit hair raising at times. I never know whether I should try and be nice - to water down all the testerical misogyny, or just leave you well alone so you don't think I'm trying it on...

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  13. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Yeah, I haven't spotted flirtatious (though I'm not exactly known for picking up on that) but I've definitely seen plenty of people just being plain unkind. Lots of sergeant major wannabees as well...

recon117 and SirErnest like this.
  14. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Oh God, not the "women, know your limits" brigade...

I guess there's just a lot of guys on here who are terribly insecure in their own masculinity.

15. I don't get why anyone would want to use it. There's a generous supply of totally insane nutcases on here (some of them active veteran users) but if I blocked them I'd miss out on entertainment. Either confront them or point and laugh.

recon117, Mr. McMarty, Hros and 2 others like this.
  16. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Yeah, I think if my mental health was better I'd probably do the same. But, I don't really come here to be ranted at, and some of the "politics", "sociology" and "Christian" theology that's doing the rounds just depresses me to be honest :(

17. I occasionally report also, if it pushes the boundaries. We're basically here to clean up our mental/sexual health, not hear some lost soul ranting about women/Jews etc.

18. One Strong Girl

Lol it can be sometimes.
    I’m not against having conversations with men as long as it’s actually respectful (it applies both ways). I’ve gotten a great support and tips from them.
    It’s just the one or two creeps who can’t take no for an answer.

SirErnest and Bombadil like this.
  19. Bombadil

Bombadil Fapstronaut

Heh. I can hear plenty of that down the bus station if I want to :)

recon117 and SirErnest like this.