1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New Hobbies

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by cigarettesatmidnight, Jun 19, 2019.

1. cigarettesatmidnight

cigarettesatmidnight Fapstronaut

Well, Since I am quite bored right now! Too much free time I don't know how to spend. I think I need some new hobbies, but I have never been into much things except reading.
    What are some hobbies I can try? I'm easisy bored if I spend to much time doing somthing, so I have already been colouring, reading psychology, cooking.
    What else can I do?

APurple1 and Coffee Candy like this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Try working out. It relieves you of stress and it's healthy for your body. :D

3. I like weaving mats, going out to photograph/video things outside that I enjoy seeing, wall climbing, regularly gym, going on trips out of town, used to do wood work, biking, hiking, and I went out bowling with a meetup group on Monday.

Those are some ideas.

Deleted Account and Coffee Candy like this.
  4. captainteemo

captainteemo Fapstronaut

Try fishing you will love it and you wil learm patience:)

5. cigarettesatmidnight

Working out is a chore for me, I would rather go to the dentist than to the gym LOL

Photography sounds nice, but I don't have a camera right now. Wall climbing sounds fun, but I do not know a place to do it nearby. I like wood work, I think I will give it a try, I like repairing and assemble furniture, so I guess I can try constructing something.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. cigarettesatmidnight

mmm, I more into cooking fishes than fishing them LOL I don't think it will do for me

7. Yarn

Yarn Fapstronaut

If you don't like working out but still want to improve your health or simply be a little bit more active, I would recommend you joining the local capoeira group. You are probably have one if you live in a big city, it's really popular now all around the world. If you don't have a group or don't like the gist of it, consider some activities that are not very repetitive: rock climbing or tennis may be one of them, but basically look for some sport games.

However, not everyone like doing sports. Reading and cooking are very good hobbies and you can make them more interesting by joining local reading/cooking club or attending lessons. You can challenge yourself cooking themed dinners: I like to dedicate each day to one national cuisine and cook all meals in this way. Italian cuisine is my favourite right now!

If you want to try something completely new, why not to master a musical instrument? Guitar is a good choice since there are tons of on-line lessons, but you can also try ukulele - it's smaller, more mobile and very fun to learn.

Finding a new hobby can be tricky. Just try some of them randomly and see how they make you feel.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Play a sport like badminton with a mate

APurple1 likes this.
  9. APurple1

APurple1 Fapstronaut

Have you tried puzzles or gaming? Anything that will require effort sounds like a worthwhile venture.

10. FieryRocket

FieryRocket Fapstronaut

Wordsearch puzzlrs are fun. I also enjoy playing frisbee golf. It's free too.

11. GA93JDeereboy

GA93JDeereboy Fapstronaut

Restore something. Old furniture, old car, lawnmower, boat, remodel a bedrooms,plant a garden.

APurple1 likes this.
  12. have you tried business?

13. something for the creatives:

art, video editing (you can edit with any Video App amazing projects), writing.

In art you have there many ways to express it. You have acryl painting, chalk, coal, water colouring etc.

14. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

If you like colouring, you might try modelling, it is colouring, but 3D.

15. Hey thanks for dropping by I always want to start the video editing. Could you suggest some software/apps to start?
    Big thanks! :)

16. It depends on what you want to do. If you aim to create daily vlogs, funny videos etc. where you just need some basic tools like cutting, background music, some effects, filters and stuff then I recommend Video Show (Google PlayStore). I think it's great for starting, getting to know everything and just trying. You still can create amazing projects.

If you want to put out your creativity 100% then I recommend a pro software like from Adobe (I didn't try it out because I kept video editing just as something fun).

17. Thank you brother, it's great apps. I found it very amusing and easy to use!

Strength in me likes this.
  18. Jungster

Jungster Fapstronaut

Youtube psychology or philosophy lectures. The best... Believe me!

19. Could you please posts your favorite?

20. Jungster

Jungster Fapstronaut

SURE! Look at the Crash Course Philosophy/Psychology videos!