1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

- no sugar: day 14/30
    - no watching news: day 15/30
    - no facebook: day 7/7 (beginning of the day)
    - no secrets: day 7/7 (beginning of the day)

Yes, there is truth in what you say. At the same time this is complex issue. We have been talking about it for a long time with my wife. She is comming from a very, very poor family with lots of siblings. For most part of their life money was a big problem for all the members of this family and still this trauma from the past takes its toll in her heart. I have some "my" money that we decided I will be spending on like I want. However the sum is so small that I used to spend more and this was behind her back/without telling her about it. One week ago I decided to stop it and live in a truth. Just after one week I can see the benefits of it in our relationship.

2. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

What are you afraid of?

3. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

I am sure you will honor your commitment.

4. Accountability Partner

I resigned my job to prepare for another job entrance exam. My family was against the idea of resignation. I did it anyways without telling them. I am living a lie these days. My job entrance is in August. More than two months to go! (Financially, there are no problems.)

5. Accountability Partner

11/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    10/90 - Meditation
    10/90 - Planning My Day
    10/90 - Dedicated time for browsing websites
    8/90 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    0/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week

It was a mixed bag for me today. On one hand, I got out of bed before the alarm went off. On the other, I consumed sugar (first accidentally then by choice.) Setting its counter to zero. Hope to be vigilant and strong next time onwards!

6. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

What would happen if you told them the truth? What would be the consequences?

7. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

- no sugar: day 15/30
    - no watching news: day 16/30
    - no facebook: day 8/14 (7 day challenge completed)
    - no secrets: day 8/14 (7 day challenge completed despite small temptations yesterday)

- semen retention: day 22/30.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  8. Hey hey!

Mr. Accountability Partner, do you take the day out on the same day of the week always? Or do you choose each time which day it will be?

9. Accountability Partner

They would be highly upset and start thinking negatively about the future. They don't have much confidence on me (because of my past record). They would pressurize me each day, and I may stop being at my productive best. I am hopeful that things are different this time, and that they would feel proud of me after August.

10. Accountability Partner

wonderful!

11. Accountability Partner

What has been your highest streak so far?

12. Accountability Partner

It's variable. It's mostly dependent on external factors. Like consuming sugar at a social place or consuming it accidentally. If I do it once a week, it's acceptable to me. If I do it more than once a week, then I set the counter to zero. My highest streak has been of 21 days, without a cheat day. It was in 2015. I was amazed what a pull sugar had on us! Those days, it was getting tough for me to go near an ice cream shop. I was just unable to stop myself from salivating at it. Its pull is no less than that of sex. But thankfully, it's artificial, so, tamable, unlike sex.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  13. Accountability Partner

12/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    11/90 - Meditation
    11/90 - Planning My Day
    11/90 - Dedicated time for browsing websites
    9/90 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    1/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week

14. I got to three weeks no sugar some time ago. Up to that point, it didn't feel difficult at all. Then I did let go the streak too easily.

15. I'm 2 weeks in, and I already feel better. I was offered sugar many times during these 14 days, but without any hesitation I said no every time. I haven't exercised during these days but it's still improvement, I can't remember when I went eating clean for 2 week last time.

16. Very good! To get going seems to be the hardest part almost always. After putting still as much effort as until now, you will be much further.

17. Today I found out that I've been officially accepted into college, I've placed 3rd on the ranking list. I had some thoughts of maybe celebrating with some ice cream, but it's just my addicted brain trying to rationalize eating sugar. I said no, I'm doing this for 60 days, not for 14.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.