1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[Journal] Quitting Games

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by I Will Survive, Jun 3, 2018.

1. I Will Survive

I Will Survive Fapstronaut

That seems to be a healthy way of playing games. I've tried it a few times, but I ended up either playing before my duties or playing endlessly afterwards. Now that I think I have more self control, I might try that as well.

Did you play only as a reward? Any gaming in week days?

2. I Will Survive

Day 14. I've been playing less recently. Some days I don't even play, and I don't feel bad about it. I've had urges to play online a few times, but I didn't. The most I did was to play a game that I would rather play offline but was a when-you-get-stronger pvp, and pay-to-win as well. That was a day of weakness, as I played way more than I planned and I didn't see more things to do. Regardless, I only played so much of this game(without other people).

More recently, I was looking at some games and there is too much games that aren't even worth playing. After you get into the game you have to pay many times to get some special coin. Fortunately, I didn't even download any of those games. Many of them were offline, so that innocent people get caught by them.

koolpal likes this.
  3. I Will Survive

Day 16. I played even less in the last two days. I didn't play anything yesterday and probably played for around 20 minutes today.

4. I Will Survive

Day 17. I didn't play today, even though I thought about playing in the evening; but I ended up doing other things.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. I Will Survive

Day 21. I think I've played just a bit in the last few days. However, I had a slight urge to play online. Still, I racionally denied this urge.

dwarfstruggles likes this.
  6. I Will Survive

Day 29. I'm still playing only offline games. Even though sometimes I end up playing too much, it's much better than before. I've been devoted to learning languages and it's been a really nice experience.

koolpal likes this.
  7. I Will Survive

Day 33. In the last few days I've been playing online in moderation. I'm not sure whether it's a relapse, but I've been playing one and only one match every day. I don't feel remorse for playing like I did when binging all day. I think it might release some stress and I enjoy it, but I find it even weird that I can control myself. I didn't force myself to play, however.

I'm not sure how this will end up or if I'll even continue doing this in the long run or within a few days or weeks. I absolutely don't want to end up playing the whole day. But if I am able to control myself it might be different.

8. I Will Survive

Thank you for the link, Theproudlion! I've read it another day, it is really interesting how our brain can work so primitively. Even though the article focuses on MMORPGs, its content can be expanded to pretty much any game; and even other activities in life.

Day 48. I'd been playing no more than 1 match per day up until yesterday or so. Around three or four days ago I played more, but in a somewhat moderate way. Yesterday, I played basically the whole day. Today I played a lot, too; so I decided to uninstall the game, and I did. I actually wanted to stop gaming, even if only once per day, because right now I want to focus on other areas of my life and I already planned a schedule for the next semester; I don't have time to play games. If I get used to during vacation it will be nearly impossible to follow a strict schedule that doesn't allow video games.

For now, I'll try to study more and not make games part of my daily life.

Theproudlion likes this.
  9. I Will Survive

Some days I've played a lot, but with more exercise right now I think I'm able to let go of games a bit better. Unfortunately, I had played without control for a few days. Some games just seem so cool and give a feel of not wasting much time; then the day is over and I keep playing for a few days.

However, I feel like I am progressing, as before I would spend day after day playing. Now it only happens sometimes. I was able to control myself for a somewhat long time, then fell, and now I hope I will be able to control my behaviors even better.

koolpal likes this.
  10. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

I Will Survive likes this.
  11. I Will Survive

I've been without any game for a few days now. I've socialized more and used my free time for self improvement. It's not only about not playing games. It's about not playing games and doing useful and enjoyable things as replacement.

I think games can be used as escapism and, when used as such, might be very detrimental to an individual's progress.

koolpal likes this.
  12. I Will Survive

I didn't even touch a game since last post. I've been reading forums and exercising and I'm actually not even missing it anymore. I guess my focus changed to other areas of my life.

13. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Was playing a free version of an addicting game, a few weeks back.
    Had to delete it coz I wasn't getting enough sleep.

Now that it's on Steam, so the free version is so limited.
    It's so boring now. Just deleted it. Again.

14. I Will Survive

I've only casually played an offline game one day, but I'm prioritizing other things right now. I don't feel like I have to play even in my free time. That's good.

15. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

16. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

17. I Will Survive

I've been playing online for a week or so, trying to use that method of reward. So I'd study throughout the day and then play for a while by the end of the day. I actually think this might be even better, because I used to have really low motivation for studying, which got a bit better in this semester.

One day I thought about this method, so I'm trying that. On the weekend, I overplayed, but not that much, and didn't study. I'll have to fix that, because I'm not used to study on weekends.