1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I've had a rough go of it. 4 days now.

control your life and artifact like this.
  2. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in Day 18. Happy for it trying to stay strong on all areas of my life to found balance.

I was reading a Psalm on the Bible yesterday hope it helps :

"Some of you were locked in a dark cell,
    cruelly confined behind bars,
    Punished for defying God’s Word,
    for turning your back on the High God’s counsel—
    A hard sentence, and your hearts so heavy,
    and not a soul in sight to help.
    Then you called out to GOD in your desperate condition;
    he got you out in the nick of time.
    He led you out of your dark, dark cell,
    broke open the jail and led you out.
    So thank GOD for his marvelous love,
    for his miracle mercy to the children he loves;
    He shattered the heavy jailhouse doors,
    he snapped the prison bars like matchsticks!"

Psalm 107.10–16.

Don't give up. If you called out to God in your desperate condition He'll get you out, and led you out of everything you feel it is imprisoning you.

That's what is helping me to balance my life and keeps me going!

3. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

4. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Check in was on 50/ but back to zero. Boundaries crossed and that’s a reset for me. Very frustrated by it. But I will learn and read what I have posted myself to make sure I get back to where I was!

5. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join the group. Thanks!

6. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

7. OK, I'm in!

Rebooter13 likes this.
  8. Thanks for sharing that, it describes my situation very well.

emanuel_free likes this.
  9. @William Wallace - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

10. You have been added to the waiting list. I will tag you in a comment when we have an opening. (It will probably be a few weeks.)

WilBil99 likes this.
  11. You are right, willpower has never been enough for me. Stress usually plays a big role in my reboots, so that is probably something I should focus on more. I would love to make it to 90, let's make it happen!

12. Happy to be here. 16th day of hard mode, shooting for 90.

artifact likes this.
  13. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

14. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

@artifact if there's a book that can describes man completely it's the Bible. There's a christian group called Christian Fapstronauts here you'll find it very encouraging there. You're welcome to join them anytime. There are great guys there helping. :)

15. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Ok @artifact , you and me , we’re on our way to the 20 day mark. Then onwards to the next joint milestone. Are you with me?

artifact likes this.
  16. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Cheking in wednesday. On day 39, can't believe it. Maybe thanks to being busy, focused on good projects, spending good time with the family.
    BUT I know must be alert, I must not believe that I have already reached it.
    I encourage you to keep going,God bless you all friends!

17. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Damn i should have checked for your response earlier..relapsed again but i am still in for the 20

artifact likes this.
  18. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

19. Most definitely.

20. JPDrive

JPDrive Fapstronaut

Checking in. Rough day yesterday... tried picking up meditation to combat the stress and where I was headed. I totally suck at it.

The thing I was listening to was a guided meditation for beginners: “Focus on your breath. Don’t influence your breathing; just let it come on its own and note the feeling of breathing in... and the feeling of breathing out.” Or something like that. WTF says Yogi JPD. The minute I start focusing on my breathing it becomes a conscious act. If I just wait for it to come on its own, I’ll be blue in the face! xD

Not giving up on meditation. But clearly not easy for me. In case you havn’t figured it out yet from my other postings, I am a type A personality with the patience of a heart attack. I expect to meditate my way to enlightenment within the week!

Still on track.... no whammies this week.