1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you L A Z Y ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EXPONENTIALLY, Jun 16, 2019.

I'm

1. Very lazy, it's alarming

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Lazy, it's annoying

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Productive, it's cool

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Yes, I am. I procrastinate a lot. :(

3. EXPONENTIALLY

Why?

4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Because of my laziness. Procrastination is a symptom of laziness.

5. EXPONENTIALLY

I love the idea of having my appartment cleaned up and tidy 24/7. I hate the effort it requires. Maybe I should have enrolled for a housekeeping class in highschool. I want these basic things to be done. It's overwhelming to see the mess and not knowing how to start the chores. I hate this world, full of stupid haters.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. Christian Fox

Christian Fox Fapstronaut

That's what I feel like as well.

7. If you ever need any cleaning tips, I've been a professional housekeeper for like over 6 years :)

One thing that can make cleaning more enjoyable is putting on some music, or what I do is pop on my bluetooth headphones, turn on a TV show on my phone or a YouTube video or podcast, and that makes it a lot more entertaining.

Another tip to compartmentalize and make it feel less overwhelming is either to clean one room a day, so you don't have to clean the whole house at once, or if you are going to clean the whole house at once, start by just putting everything in the rooms they belong in. I start with the living room, bringing all the junk I have lying around into their appropriate rooms, but not putting it away yet, I just toss it in there. And then I go back and clean up one room at a time. And of course, training yourself to put things away as you use them will make cleaning at the end of the week/month a lot quicker and easier.

Or you could hire a housekeeper, if you have the money. Lol that works too.

EXPONENTIALLY and recon117 like this.
  8. Anyway, I said no to the poll. I'm a pretty active and productive person most of the time. Every once in a while I have a sort of crash week where I do absolutely nothing and just watch a lot of TV, because I'm tired from doing so much all the other weeks. But most of the time I'm always doing a lot of stuff. Cleaning, organizing, projects, writing, filming, editing, planning for future projects, working, etc.

9. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

I just want to point out there's a good chance there's more to the story. If someone has a serious bona fide case of major depression, they probably don't do a lot just like someone being lazy does not, but there's a reason and blame either coming from others or themselves is not going to help the situation.

I think an unthinking work ethic can also make people sort of robotic and ultimately a bit checked out emotionally, lacking empathy for people who are suffering. Of course not doing anything about their problems doesn't help either, but sometimes you have to make a distinction between what kind of action to take. A lot of people may be keen on physical action you can see, but they would never take the time to listen to someone but that might be what that person needs at the moment. What happens if nobody ever listens to that person for years, even decades on end? So there's a question of depth and it's also hard to see that about a person from online posts.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am so lazy I'm not even going to fini

Christian Fox likes this.
  11. EXPONENTIALLY

@Castielle I live in a cheap studio currently so that's why I took the little needed housework for granted because I'm so capable of doing it efficiently in a short moment.. I'm also an organization scientist but the point is to execute my planned tasks on time then. I experienced that clear conscience serenity of being on the right time doing my thing too little, it's time tor me to live it everyday and night and make it as my natural habit. Distraction is the ennemy, especially internet.

12. EXPONENTIALLY